What shoulden't be in fm

well everywhere i see what should be in fm suggestions by all members here in these forums : finances, youth camp, scouting, regens, player development, chairmen etc

but i never seen what shouldn't appear in the game ever or you really wouldn't like it like 3d match engine

in my opinion this should never happen because it would ruin the game

what are your suggestions?

well everywhere i see what should be in fm suggestions by all members here in these forums : finances, youth camp, scouting, regens, player development, chairmen etc

but i never seen what shouldn't appear in the game ever or you really wouldn't like it like 3d match engine

in my opinion this should never happen because it would ruin the game

what are your suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Masquerade:

Monkeys with guns </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eddie izzard fan i see

swarfega wgy belgium

nomis07 who's lawrie sanchez?

zlatan whos tom hicks?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Oh, and of course, Sepp Blatter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does he really affect fm 08?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eles Gergo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Masquerade:

swarfega why belgium

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I'm also an Eddie Izzard fan. Radiators, jam, things that go "oooh", Colonel Gaddafi and.....Belgium.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eles Gergo:

nomis07 who's lawrie sanchez?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sanchez was the Fulham manager..

I wouldnt like to see a successful English team, would add to the realism. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Oh, and of course, Sepp Blatter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does he really affect fm 08? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, and let's keep it that way.

Sasa Curcic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember his short stay with the (then) MetroStars. Painful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amplifierworship:

In all serious, wave upon wave of transfer offers for my best players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I object to are the repeat offers from the same club for the same player. Like, what part of "no" don't they understand?

I also get exercised when players demand to be put on the transfer list, then ask to come off, then immediately after demand to go back on, then... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this annoys me to

I've decided that when a player asks to go on the transfer list, I leave him there no matter how pitifully he begs to come off. Sometimes, I'll offer him to clubs every time he asks, lowering the price a little each time.

It's the one situation in FM in which I am liable to act vindictively. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrettGTE16v:

7.02 was the best of the games I have played.

Only thing thats stopped me ditching 08 (not that its a bad game at all really) are the fact its got some new features I really like, such as U18 and reserve leagues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you suggest that there shouldn't be in the game..ohh

wait i got it there shouldn't be an fm 08 instead give fm 07 reserve and youth leagues

hmm ... interesting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrettGTE16v:

ignore that, wrong thread! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why is this a wrong tread? i started this honestly to see real opinions to not only jokes

Team talks should not be in FM - they are utterly devoid of any sense.

As for players asking to go on and off the transfer list, I just give them one chance, then if they have requested a transfer once and then requested to be taken off the list and request a transfer again I just reject their request and transfer-list them myself so they don't have any say in the matter any more!

ignore that, wrong thread! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why is this a wrong tread? i started this honestly to see real opinions to not only jokes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He means he meant to post it somewhere else, instead of here.

What don't I want to see in FM? My job on the line because I lost in the third round of the Carling sodding Cup.

zlatan whos tom hicks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also MLB's Texas Rangers owner, one of the worst teams in baseball...

gave A-Rod 10yr/200+ mil contract

i think he and scott boras are friends icon_mad.gif

Just sell the team! Gillett wants to. Just agree!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

a 3d match engine unless it is perfect and on par with the fifa or pro evo macth engine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think I would want a 3d engine even if it was perfect. 2d encompasses the whole charm of FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

a 3d match engine unless it is perfect and on par with the fifa or pro evo macth engine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think I would want a 3d engine even if it was perfect. 2d encompasses the whole charm of FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. icon14.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

I don't think I would want a 3d engine even if it was perfect. 2d encompasses the whole charm of FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. icon14.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seconded icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dbennji:

The option for a manager to say 'he's not that type of player' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ulrika Johnson been hitting on your young impressionable striker as well? Damn her!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Syphilis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you meet with this kind of illness in the game? icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Syphilis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you meet with this kind of illness in the game? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So long as it's not the spongy green variety...

Too late. I'm managing a team named the Glue-Sniffing Gangster Monkeys, so named after a real phenomenon in my home city. I have a thread with that title somewhere in the Challenges forum, so icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Team talks should not be in FM - they are utterly devoid of any sense.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. There are some circumstances when the team talk can and should have an impact. And on those occasions, the manager should be able to handle it. I think the system needs to be tweaked, but it is a good feature to have.

Differences between what you think you're saying in a media response from the choice you're given, and what you're reported as saying afterwards.

If you choose “I think there’s more to come from Fred and I hope to get that out of him,†you find that what you've actually said is “You don’t believe that Fred is performing to his potential yet†isn’t it?

What you think you're saying is that he’s playing well, and you think he’s going to get even better; what you're reported as saying is that he’s not doing that great.

It's the same with the pre-match predictions. If they affect team morale, we ought at least to get ones where we can see clearly what message we're going to put across. Until you've tried them all, as a newbie you're pretty much stuffed.

Why not just give us the correct sodding choices in the first place, so we know where we are, instead of turning it into a guessing game? (Apart from the fact that whoever wrote it obviously went on a creative writing evening class, of course).

Archived