Wanting to play journey man career...

but the only thing that puts me of is the fact that I can never get into managing a lower division team.

The reason being is that for example playing as barca i know most of the players whereas with lower

divisions I cant relate to the players and dont know which players to field buy etc.

Has anyone got an tips to managing a lower league team?

All I can suggest is learn the squad of the club you end up with and try and turn them from strangers into players you recognise when you select your starting 11.

Also enjoy winning the FA Trophy as much as winning the Champions League.

I used to spend a lot of time playing in the higher leagues and thought that lower leagues would be boring but I've found that lower league is just as fun and the sense of achievement when you do reach the top is greater :)

Things I enjoyed in my Cambridge United save:

1) My centreback scoring a hat-trick on his debut as a striker.

2) Using a player in eight positions in one season.

3) My striker who scored in four divisions over twelve years.

4) My forty year old defensive midfielder.

5) My mad assman's suggested team talks and selections.

6) Playing decnt football with rubbish players.

7) The FA Cup third round, the Johnson's Paint Trophy and the play-offs.

8) Signing my first international player from the Dutch Antilles.

I think lower-league squads have more personality than with big clubs and it takes creativity to get the best from them.

I find the hardest thing with LLM is money, usually after a couple of games I know the sqaud well enough to be able to pick my starting XI. I always seem to be in the red though, which is rather annoying :( any good shouts and teams that are a bit easier to make money with?

I'm very similar to the OP. Have started with West Brom as I support them but mainly just to get the basics of the game etc but I really want to start with a BSP or BSN team and see what I can do just I won't know anybody and that sort of puts me off it a bit.

The only reason you know the barca players and team is because you know them.

It takes time to get into lower league management. Become familiar with players etc and other teams etc.

This year I started in completely unchartered territory of the Brazilian 3rd Division. Finally worked my way to the prem league by 2017. And then after a short stint of 2 seasons with Sunderland i was Approached by Arsenal.

Now I'm in around 2019, most of the good players have retired, some young players knocking about well in their late 20's earlier 30's now.

But I'm looking forward to the management now.

Managing at the start with a big team is too predictable. Too easy. Especially Barca.

Just because you know Barca's players doesn't always mean they act the same in FM.

Having no knowledge of your squad can be an advantage as you get to know them from watching them play. You need to take your time to understand the player, for some this will happen fairly quickly while for others it can take a season or so.

this is the best part of playing with a lower league team!!!

not knowing the players and not knowing which players to sign etc makes it more enjoyable in my opinion.

i started my career with Munster,in bundesliga 3...not knowing anything about the league/players etc...and only just finding out that you must have 4 under 23 german players in the match squad at all times!!!....makes it much more challenging in my eyes...great fun :)

Archived