Leaving to beat the traffic

I think I have finally over stepped the mark and gone too far in this game. Managing Preston in my first season... I noticed that England were playing Wales in qualifier at Wembley. Being a patriotic man and seeing I didn't have a game scheduled I clicked on the fixture to attend. Off I set to Wembley, took my seat and thoroughly enjoyed the first half, until England went down 1-0. Half time pie was tasty and I settled in for second half (10 mins late of course... but that's just the Wembley way!). Suddenly, 2-0 down. Nervously, I kept checking my watch as the minutes ticked down. 80 minutes ticked by, I stood to leave early to beat the traffic (the professional footballer manager's right I believe) when Lampard sneaks in a free kick 2-1. Wow I thought as my mouse had hovered over the 'commentary only' button... I'm glad I didnt leave. Minutes continued to ebb past. 92 minutes... I stand again to leave to beat the traffic, my mouse hovers over the commentary only button again... YOung equalizes from a scramble in the area 2-2! Glad I didn't leave now.

So I think I have finally crossed the line between 'fm fiction' and real life (the traffic home was hell btw!). Next day the papers in my inbox inform me that I was spotted at Wembley and that when I'm not busy I like to sneak and watch England play as I'm such a patriot. Nice touch I thought!

Archived