PDA

View Full Version : FMH 2012 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch out now!

Bertie BG
07-12-2011, 14:03
Will be out either today or tomorrow, depending on where you live.

Announcement blog is here: http://bit.ly/rZXJAv

UK Store URL: Football Manager Handheld - iStore (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-manager-handheld/id439656770?mt=8)

(Edit, MV - Added UK iStore URL)

rafafloripa
07-12-2011, 14:06
Yes! Yes! Yes! :d

thebugel
07-12-2011, 14:07
yaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo!!!!

thebugel
07-12-2011, 14:13
Any screen shots anywhere on the web?

Low_Flying_Seagull
07-12-2011, 14:34
Cost?

CWR15
07-12-2011, 14:50
Come on app store! Don't keep me waiting....

rafafloripa
07-12-2011, 14:51
Midnight... tic-toc-tic-toc

thebugel
07-12-2011, 14:52
Question: in this years version would i be able to start my career at prestatyn town in Wales BUT have all english leagues loaded?

In previous versions you can't do this for example, if you started in Austrailia you could only select Englands top division.

thebugel
07-12-2011, 14:53
Cost?

£6.99 i would imagine.

mcchalk
07-12-2011, 14:56
About time!!

Ceirdiff
07-12-2011, 15:15
Shame - its one day too late. Yesterday I started saving up for a MacBook and thusly can't afford to spend money on games like this. Sounds fun anyway though :-)

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 15:16
Question: in this years version would i be able to start my career at prestatyn town in Wales BUT have all english leagues loaded?

In previous versions you can't do this for example, if you started in Austrailia you could only select Englands top division.

Yes you can - its now possible to start a game within one of your 'secondary' nations (ie. one without all leagues active) and as Wales is on the same continent as England you're able to have all English leagues and also the Welsh league active at the same time.

rafafloripa
07-12-2011, 15:17
Yes you can - its now possible to start a game within one of your 'secondary' nations (ie. one without all leagues active) and as Wales is on the same continent as England you're able to have all English leagues and also the Welsh league active at the same time.

Little great fix!

arjenrobben2608
07-12-2011, 15:25
Hi Marc, any idea if the iOS game will be released in Singapore? Cos over here, i'm just around 30mins or so to midnight! Cant wait!

Hansi24
07-12-2011, 15:28
Will this be available for android phones?

rafafloripa
07-12-2011, 15:30
^^ it was taking too long before someone asked ^^

No, it's not available in Android, sorry...

Bertie BG
07-12-2011, 15:37
Any screen shots anywhere on the web?

Some screenshots will be put live on the Football Manager website in the morning apparently :)

PRJKT
07-12-2011, 15:39
:applause:Challenge mode sounds fantastic. For years I used to try and do this (start half way through and see what I could win), now a real mode for it :)

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Can the save games be synced between ipad and iphone? if yes I'm going to be seriously addicted...

sampglov1987
07-12-2011, 15:40
Is their any chance of iCloud integration? It will be so much better to be able to play on my iPhone at work and then on the iPad at home :-)

Claret_Chris
07-12-2011, 15:41
Woot!

Harrogate to Champs League in 6 years me thinks ;)

Alari Naylor
07-12-2011, 15:42
From where we're sitting it looks like it's already available in New Zealand and Japan!

rafafloripa
07-12-2011, 15:42
Is their any chance of iCloud integration? It will be so much better to be able to play on my iPhone at work and then on the iPad at home :-)

Nice job you have!

PRJKT
07-12-2011, 15:44
Nice job you have!

I'm sure he means on his break at work, like I did.

David Milmine
07-12-2011, 15:48
Can the save games be synced between ipad and iphone? if yes I'm going to be seriously addicted...

Yes you can use iTunes File Sharing to transfer them to your computer then put them on to the other device.

Claret_Chris
07-12-2011, 15:52
Did the advanced player interaction get in there?

For example, I criticise a player in 2011 as he is sent off for headbutting a ref, but the rest of the team go ape **** for not supporting my player, thus bringing morale down as previously he was in form 9-9-10 etc etc

truegooner
07-12-2011, 15:55
Yes you can use iTunes File Sharing to transfer them to your computer then put them on to the other device.

I think PRJKT (apologies if I'm mistaken) means via the cloud.

Lecksa
07-12-2011, 15:57
iDevices sucks, what a waste of time from SI. :thdn:

rafafloripa
07-12-2011, 15:58
^^ Android? #2

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 15:59
I think PRJKT (apologies if I'm mistaken) means via the cloud.

Cloud sharing is something which is being looked at - the reason it didn't make it into release is (1) I've only one head and two arms (ie. lack of time), but also (2) I'm rather nervous about the amount of data it'd be transmitting - the FMHi save games are NOT tiny, they're 3mb in size so if you used Cloud sharing a lot for saving games then it could easily eat into someones allowed data package (use it 10 times a week and thats 120Mb of data you've sent in a month), I don't know the prevalent speeds or package sizes for people generally so rather than risk it either locking up your app for ages (ie. low speed connections) or costing people a fortune (if they have low data packages) I left it out for now.

If we find these aren't concerns then its something we'll look into in the future, but I tend to err on the side of "better safe than sorry" with such things - so didn't want to rush into it just to get another feature on a list and potentially mess up someones phone bill.

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 15:59
^^ Android? #2

I like Android myself and hopefully one day we will be able to support those devices; however that day isn't today - sorry.

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 16:00
Hi Marc, any idea if the iOS game will be released in Singapore? Cos over here, i'm just around 30mins or so to midnight! Cant wait!

I believe it should be - if 2011 was available there then I see no reason why it won't be.

rafafloripa
07-12-2011, 16:00
I'm very happy with my iPhone - just counting the number of Android unhappy users that will show up here ;)

PRJKT
07-12-2011, 16:07
I must say I am surprised the save games can even be transferred between devices at all. Excellent addition!

Why is Lecksa even here? iRelease and someone just comes to complain. Lots of us love FM for iOS. FM2011 for iPad is the FM I have spent the most time on and I've been playing since it was CM all those years ago. Playing on iPad is great and quite fast paced, perfect for me.

Spanner82
07-12-2011, 16:22
this song sums up how I feel about this release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXSOD1N5lR4

thebugel
07-12-2011, 16:27
Re: BSN&BSS... are they additional leagues or do they load up as standard on the English database?

thanks

Alari Naylor
07-12-2011, 16:31
Re: BSN&BSS... are they additional leagues or do they load up as standard on the English database?

thanks

They load up as standard when England is the main league.

larryjc
07-12-2011, 16:47
anyone knows if this feature is gonna be available in Nigeria?

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 16:56
anyone knows if this feature is gonna be available in Nigeria?

All features will be available in all regions - the only regions excluded I think Miles mentioned in his blog post.

Funmz
07-12-2011, 17:11
Will there be a demo for the game? I'm unsure I will want to for out what I'm assuming will be around 6.99 for the game. The last game I did not enjoy on an iOS device, although I have recently bought an iPad and do feel it may be more of an experience on the device. Which takes me back to my original question, will there be a demo? If it enjoyable I will happily pay the money if not I'm doubt I'll be owning the game :(

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 17:27
Will there be a demo for the game? I'm unsure I will want to for out what I'm assuming will be around 6.99 for the game. The last game I did not enjoy on an iOS device, although I have recently bought an iPad and do feel it may be more of an experience on the device. Which takes me back to my original question, will there be a demo? If it enjoyable I will happily pay the money if not I'm doubt I'll be owning the game :(

At present there isn't a demo planned for release (the first year we did one a few months after release, last year there wasn't one at all - I don't think its been 100% decided with regards to this years iteration yet, but definitely not one initially).

Dec9693
07-12-2011, 17:31
Nice one guys :).

Ceirdiff
07-12-2011, 17:32
Will it be available on a 2nd gen iPod?

David Milmine
07-12-2011, 17:42
Will it be available on a 2nd gen iPod?

Yes the game runs on all generation devices

Sy13
07-12-2011, 18:14
Will there be live cup draws?
Can you play forever (I.e. no 30 season limit)?

sampglov1987
07-12-2011, 19:35
Cloud sharing is something which is being looked at - the reason it didn't make it into release is (1) I've only one head and two arms (ie. lack of time), but also (2) I'm rather nervous about the amount of data it'd be transmitting - the FMHi save games are NOT tiny, they're 3mb in size so if you used Cloud sharing a lot for saving games then it could easily eat into someones allowed data package (use it 10 times a week and thats 120Mb of data you've sent in a month), I don't know the prevalent speeds or package sizes for people generally so rather than risk it either locking up your app for ages (ie. low speed connections) or costing people a fortune (if they have low data packages) I left it out for now.

If we find these aren't concerns then its something we'll look into in the future, but I tend to err on the side of "better safe than sorry" with such things - so didn't want to rush into it just to get another feature on a list and potentially mess up someones phone bill.

I am not sure how easy it would be to code, but it is possible to have iCloud syncing as an option, rather than a default. You could also maybe have it as a feature which is only compatable when on a wifi connection. Just a suggestion, I really want it, lol.

sampglov1987
07-12-2011, 20:03
Also, any chance of some screenshots? Has the UI seen a big improvement? The last one didn't really have the feel of a premium game, it's looked more like a kids game :-(

Alari Naylor
07-12-2011, 20:13
Also, any chance of some screenshots? Has the UI seen a big improvement? The last one didn't really have the feel of a premium game, it's looked more like a kids game :-(

Screenshots are linked from within this thread:
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290648-IOS-Screenshots-here

Dec9693
07-12-2011, 20:24
Hey, mind telling me what is editable/transportable this year? Anything new?

Thanks.

EiNZTEiN
07-12-2011, 20:55

Make it optional:
1) Optional (On/Off)
2) If on, Wi-Fi only option

Ideally, the file would support partial changes and submit only "patch-like" updates… but that's dreaming too big! ;)

thebugel
07-12-2011, 21:01
Is there not a full change list?

EiNZTEiN
07-12-2011, 21:07
If you guys want screenshots, look here: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/football-manager-handheld/id439656770?mt=8

Also, doesn't seem like there are any radical changes. The UI is still a bit convoluted, I wonder if the match engine bugs are still there (e.g. defenders running forward when defending, both teams "stuck" in the middle of the field while a player runs with the ball, etc). Bottom line: the game was fun for a few seasons but after a while it becomes quite frustrating and… boring! I doubt "challenges" will change any of that… Seems like making that the big addition simply proves you're not that committed to the mobile space OR, just like FML proved, you're not yet ready to write a new game from scratch and mobile can't take the desktop engine at all–it's not scalable down…

Not bashing on anyone but just a heads up: it's not REALLY FM! It's FMH, and it's very limited in many ways, even if it's fun for the first few commutes… :)

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 21:21
Also, doesn't seem like there are any radical changes.
Evolution not revolution is generally my way for designing games I'm afraid - always has been, probably always will.

The UI is still a bit convoluted
Its designed so that you can easily use the touch interface without having to click too precisely, this is imperative for those of us with large sausage fingers ... and in general I find that an extra click is preferable to swearing when I click on the wrong thing.

I wonder if the match engine bugs are still there (e.g. defenders running forward when defending, both teams "stuck" in the middle of the field while a player runs with the ball, etc).
The game isn't 100% perfect but as is usual with our products all areas have been tweaked and tuned, I just don't particularly 'shout' about that side of things personally in announcements.

Seems like making that the big addition simply proves you're not that committed to the mobile space OR, just like FML proved, you're not yet ready to write a new game from scratch and mobile can't take the desktop engine at all–it's not scalable down…
FMH was written from scratch for mobile (PSP) originally and has continued to evolve.

As I've indicated previously at present there isn't a mobile device capable of utilizing the full FM PC match engine (or other aspects of it) ... nor do I think the FM PC match would be suitable without its highlight system being refined so it was 'snappier' (ie. people don't have the 5-8 minutes it takes to play a single FM PC match available all the time when using a mobile device.

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 21:22
Is there not a full change list?

Theres a full changelist in game (Credits - Versions area as per normal) - I've been asked not to post it publicly quite yet so there are some surprises waiting when people play the game ...

shotts56
07-12-2011, 21:28

That's a real pity, that was the feature I was looking forward to the most. We've always been able to transfer save games using iTunes, so this isn't anything new. Cloud support should be an option - many people have both an iPad and iPhone, most people have data allowances way bigger than those quoted, and most syncing with the cloud is surely done when you're on wifi anyway.

Disappointed that you still have to mess about with this manual process, or you have to choose to play your game on only one device. I'll probably not bother upgrading now, this one feature alone would have made it worth it.

Joshua
07-12-2011, 21:51
Hello Marc!

Does FMHi 2012 support retina display graphics on the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S or are we still running on the low resolution?

Just another question... from the screenshots it seems like there are no custom tactics (drag and drop players in the tactics field). Are we still conditioned by the default tactics list and no freedom to move players around? :(

Thanks in advance for possible replies!

abertie2006
07-12-2011, 21:57
I know you say midnight for release... but it could come early right? Right?

You're killing me here!

EiNZTEiN
07-12-2011, 22:05
Hey Marc,

First of all, thank you for your reply! I appreciate you taking the time to explain how you view the game and its development.

Evolution not revolution is generally my way for designing games I'm afraid - always has been, probably always will.

I agree with this approach 100%. Maybe it's the fact that were now used to evolution happening in .X releases and expecting a X.0 release with a new version. FIFA, PES, etc, have accustomed us to revolutions every year. In all honesty, so has FM in the last few years… :)

Its designed so that you can easily use the touch interface without having to click too precisely, this is imperative for those of us with large sausage fingers ... and in general I find that an extra click is preferable to swearing when I click on the wrong thing.

I agree with that. That's why I think you guys can get creative with the interface… I think the game UI doesn't fit a touch interface. Not saying that anyone else is doing a better job but that shouldn't stop you from innovating, in the spirit of the Apple platform. Maybe it's a matter of budget to this game. If that's the case, I think it's in SI's best interest to invest A LOT in this new platform. While I'm a big "personal computer" guy, I can't dismiss this new "tablet" world being the future of computing, particularly in matters of entertainment. I guarantee you'll be selling less and less FM copies every year, no matter how much anti-piracy (not the issue here) you implement into it… Not to any competitors, not to piracy but to other, completely different games that exist in the "handheld" sphere.

The game isn't 100% perfect but as is usual with our products all areas have been tweaked and tuned, I just don't particularly 'shout' about that side of things personally in announcements.

Sure enough… I'll look forward to having those fixed. I would love a direct line where I could send feedback knowing it will be taken care of. I love sending feedback but the bigger the developer, the least motivated I am to do it because it usually gets lost… SI is on the fence between "close & personal" and "big & enterprisey"… :)

FMH was written from scratch for mobile (PSP) originally and has continued to evolve.

EXACTLY! The PSP is a VERY different platform. The iOS version shows this exactly in many ways. Like I said above, it's in SI's best interest to invest in iOS and Android (for now), knowing that these devices hold the future of personal entertainment/gaming… This is a bit hard for me to say, personally, because I love PC gaming and consoles. This is just a very honest analysis from someone who's in the tech world, is a developer, knows the platforms and is actively developing products for them.

As I've indicated previously at present there isn't a mobile device capable of utilizing the full FM PC match engine (or other aspects of it) ... nor do I think the FM PC match would be suitable without its highlight system being refined so it was 'snappier' (ie. people don't have the 5-8 minutes it takes to play a single FM PC match available all the time when using a mobile device.

I didn't expect an FM2012 (or even 09) match engine… But the good ol' CM 03/04 had a MUCH better match engine which seems to be where the visual stuff was adapted from but the logic stuff is missing (both on and off the field…). Again, the handheld versions need to be a remained (revolution) not an adapted (evolution)… :)

Again, thank you for your feedback! I love FM and I love SI! I don't play the desktop versions much anymore because of lack of time which is why I get a little more "demanding" withe mobile versions as those I can afford to spend some more time playing… I understand the limitations and I'd love to help in any way I can!

All the best,
--Levi F

rlowe49001
07-12-2011, 22:15
Random question, but which boss does sunderland have on the new game?
As it will depend on if i take charge of them as my first challenge of ifmh 12 :p

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 22:19
While I'm a big "personal computer" guy, I can't dismiss this new "tablet" world being the future of computing, particularly in matters of entertainment. I guarantee you'll be selling less and less FM copies every year, no matter how much anti-piracy (not the issue here) you implement into it… Not to any competitors, not to piracy but to other, completely different games that exist in the "handheld" sphere.
I expect the tablet market to grow a lot in the coming years which is why we've done our best to anticipate and move with it; on that front I agree I think the UI can and will improve and evolve over time - but its not something which will be rushed and we want to do things right.

One of the advantages of FMH is that we're allowed more free rein with regards to experimentation and suchlike than the PC crew might get away with, this allows such things as the 'unlockables', 'challenge mode' etc. to be tried out and see how people receive them ... similarly we'll keep evolving and improving the UI as time goes on.

Sure enough… I'll look forward to having those fixed. I would love a direct line where I could send feedback knowing it will be taken care of. I love sending feedback but the bigger the developer, the least motivated I am to do it because it usually gets lost… SI is on the fence between "close & personal" and "big & enterprisey"… :)
Feel free to email me about anything (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) - however do please bear in mind that I'm generally fairly busy and can't always reply or fix everything instantly ... well at least not until my clones mature that is ;)

I didn't expect an FM2012 (or even 09) match engine… But the good ol' CM 03/04 had a MUCH better match engine which seems to be where the visual stuff was adapted from but the logic stuff is missing (both on and off the field…). Again, the handheld versions need to be a remained (revolution) not an adapted (evolution)… :)
When the time is ready I'm sure that devices will converge and handheld devices be more capable of running deeper simulations - at present however while they have sped up quite a bit please bear in mind one of the strengths of FMH is that its playable on 'any' iOS device from 1st generation onward and there is absolutely no chance of handling such a simulation, heck I did some back of napkin calculations a while back about the current FM match on an iPad2 and I believe it'd take several minutes from you clicking 'go to match' to actually getting into the match itself ... which means we've a while yet until such an engine is likely to be viable I'm afraid (and thats ignoring memory constraints etc.).

Again, thank you for your feedback! I love FM and I love SI! I don't play the desktop versions much anymore because of lack of time which is why I get a little more "demanding" withe mobile versions as those I can afford to spend some more time playing… I understand the limitations and I'd love to help in any way I can!
Thats quite all right - I'm more than happy to receive constructive criticism on my games - it helps keep me on my toes and focused on what needs improving, just do please realize that the handheld team is still rather compact (me and Rich coding, Chris doing art) in nature ... so much as we'd love to we can't do everything at once.

Bantam Searley95
07-12-2011, 22:23
As it will depend on if i take charge of them as my first challenge of ifmh 12 :p

Steve Bruce.

Joshua
07-12-2011, 22:23
Marc please don't forgot my questions a few posts above. Thank you! :)

Spanner82
07-12-2011, 22:27
Marc can I ask, has the scouting set up changed at all? I love the FMH games I just wish I could scout cetrain positions as well as different parts of the world, e.g. from the drop down box you could click for the scout to search south america and below it you could have a drop down box with player positions....does that make sense or am I rambling?

Alari Naylor
07-12-2011, 22:38

Bruce was sacked way after the data was finalised, unfortunately. In future we might try and get clubs to co-ordinate sackings with our deadlines, but I'm not sure they'll be receptive! :p

Dec9693
07-12-2011, 22:40
"Dear Sunderland,
We at SI Games would like you to sack your manager before the 31st November if he is going to be sacked, this is so we can do the latest database for FMH.

Thanks,
SI"

:p.

kaneomak
07-12-2011, 22:54
I have a quick question. Are there any players on this release whose best/preferred positions are "inside forward" or "wide midfielder"? i feel these positions are sometimes wasted on the game when no players fit the bill.

Marc Vaughan
07-12-2011, 23:08
I have a quick question. Are there any players on this release whose best/preferred positions are "inside forward" or "wide midfielder"? i feel these positions are sometimes wasted on the game when no players fit the bill.

I'll check - there should be, if not then I'll tweak accordingly for an update.

Dec9693
07-12-2011, 23:11
The easiest ones to change are Sturridge, Robinho, Silva and Young for inside forwards ;).

paulster101
07-12-2011, 23:17
a guy recently posted whether it is possible that it might be released before midnight? :p is this possible or not? thanks :)

abertie2006
07-12-2011, 23:20
a guy recently posted whether it is possible that it might be released before midnight? :p is this possible or not? thanks :)

Yeah that was me, i was just being hopeful really. It's not long until midnight here now, not that i'll be playing tonight, i have work in the morning! :)

paulster101
07-12-2011, 23:29
anyone got it yet?

rlowe49001
07-12-2011, 23:30
"Dear Sunderland,
We at SI Games would like you to sack your manager before the 31st November if he is going to be sacked, this is so we can do the latest database for FMH.

Thanks,
SI"

:p.

Lol!.. I wish he was sacked sooner =/..would of made us abit more creditable on the game :P

Alari Naylor
08-12-2011, 00:08
Looks like we're now live :)

paulster101
08-12-2011, 00:08
so where is it? :S

Spanner82
08-12-2011, 00:09
anyone got it yet?

not yet.....I keep refreshing my itunes store hoping lol

Alari Naylor
08-12-2011, 00:09
I can see it on the UK app store from where I am, it may take a little while to propagate.

Spanner82
08-12-2011, 00:12
sorry i'm thick, what does propagate mean :s

SMG
08-12-2011, 00:13
Downloading now it shows up if you search for football manager

paulster101
08-12-2011, 00:14
to spread :p basically :) still can't see it and its quarter past ;)Tragic :/

paulster101
08-12-2011, 00:16
Downloading now it shows up if you search for football manager

hasn't showed up on mine :/ and i searched football manager :/

ChrisZombieX
08-12-2011, 00:18
Downloading it now on my iPad :) Search 'Football Manager 2012'

Spanner82
08-12-2011, 00:20
found it, now downloading too :D *nerdgasm*

paulster101
08-12-2011, 00:20
Downloading it now on my iPad :) Search 'Football Manager 2012'

still not come up :L

Spanner82
08-12-2011, 00:21
paulster you looked under ipad apps?

if that fails type in sega and then under ipad apps its there

ChrisZombieX
08-12-2011, 00:22
You in the UK?, It's not the first one either.

Marc Vaughan
08-12-2011, 00:24

Where abouts are you located its not showing up for me in the US store yet, but is available in the UK now ... perhaps you're located at a store which hasn't released it yet? .... if not please try refreshing.

The URL for the UK store is:

Football Manager Handheld - iStore (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-manager-handheld/id439656770?mt=8)

MrPrestige14
08-12-2011, 00:24
Downloadin....

paulster101
08-12-2011, 00:26

still not there :p hhaha :) thanks anyway :p

paulster101
08-12-2011, 00:29
Where abouts are you located its not showing up for me in the US store yet, but is available in the UK now ... perhaps you're located at a store which hasn't released it yet? .... if not please try refreshing.

The URL for the UK store is:

Football Manager Handheld - iStore (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-manager-handheld/id439656770?mt=8)

I'm in the UK :) can i not access it from the app store on my ipod? :p

Marc Vaughan
08-12-2011, 00:32
I'm in the UK :) can i not access it from the app store on my ipod? :p

You should be able to - just open that url in your iPods safari browser or search for 'Football Manager' within the store and you should be able to locate it.

Nsdavs7
It wasn't showing up no matter what I typed in the app store.... But after clicking on the URL it seems to be there... Strange!!

rlowe49001
i put fmh in my search and it came up, if thats any use to you?

Marc Vaughan
08-12-2011, 00:33
It wasn't showing up no matter what I typed in the app store.... But after clicking on the URL it seems to be there... Strange!!

Bear in mind that its only just gone 'live' - its possible that it becomes available for sale before their search engine is fully updated or something along those lines (pure speculation on my part, I have no idea of how the innards of the store works) .... anyway glad you've found it now :D

Nsdavs7
08-12-2011, 00:34
Searching football manager handheld 2011 actually brings up the 2011 and 2012 editions.

kaneomak
08-12-2011, 00:40
can somebody explain the colour changes of player attributes?

here is a screenshot of Gareth Bale as an example:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5636/imagevzj.jpg
(WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE ALL OF HIS ATTRIBUTES)

I would assume its some kind of colour-blind assistance or something maybe? It's just hard getting used to after spending so long looking at the exact same data in different colours.

Hopefully I'll forget all about it after an all night session

Vane
08-12-2011, 00:46
Type in Football Manager, then search, then change the sort by option to 'release date' and it shows up.

rlowe49001
08-12-2011, 00:47
The game looks awesome!..the social networking options is a great idea, the background seems slightly different which did catch my eyes out at first

however, it is abit slow on starting a game....is that just for the first time?.. or will it be like that all the time?

its very quick in normal play :)

Vane
08-12-2011, 00:51
Big download!!

Edit: The wonders of iCloud! It's being simultaneously downloaded to my iPad and 4S.

MrPrestige14
08-12-2011, 00:53
how do you sync saves from ipad to iphone

Alari Naylor
08-12-2011, 00:55
can somebody explain the colour changes of player attributes?

I would assume its some kind of colour-blind assistance or something maybe? It's just hard getting used to after spending so long looking at the exact same data in different colours.

Personally I find it a very effective quick visual cue as to whether a player is any good or not, tap a name and if you see a lot of green that's a good sign, a lot of red and it's a bad sign. Especially useful when managing at slightly lower levels.

Edit: Looking at what you wrote again I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that there's a couple of extra 'steps' in terms of colours this year, we just feel this gives a bit more of a precise feel from a quick glance compared to last year.

Lucas Weatherby
08-12-2011, 00:55
how do you sync saves from ipad to iphone

1) Plug your device into your computer
2) Start iTunes
3) Select your device within iTunes, from the Devices menu section
4) View the 'Apps' tab
5) Scroll down the screen to the 'File Sharing' area
6) Highlight 'FM 2012'

.dat files are your save games, and there can be up to 5 of them. The Manual Saves are named fm_save1.dat through to fm_save4.dat with the name reflecting the save slot used (1 = top slot, 4 = bottom slot). hidden.dat is the current Automatic Save file on the device.

Use the above instructions to copy a save over to your other device.

Hope this helps.

Jugster
08-12-2011, 01:07
Thank god I only saw this posting after I'd finished my work and uploaded it or I'd never have met my deadline. Let the downloading of FHMi begin!

kaneomak
08-12-2011, 01:24
Personally I find it a very effective quick visual cue as to whether a player is any good or not, tap a name and if you see a lot of green that's a good sign, a lot of red and it's a bad sign. Especially useful when managing at slightly lower levels.

Edit: Looking at what you wrote again I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that there's a couple of extra 'steps' in terms of colours this year, we just feel this gives a bit more of a precise feel from a quick glance compared to last year.
aye, I don't usually complain against design elements like this. If anything I'd probably have wanted something more complex than just red, blue and green. It's just that I've been playing the game excessively as of late and this came as a bit of an upset in the eyes but I'm sure it won't be a problem for long.

enthon
08-12-2011, 02:28
Available in Australia and already downloaded!!!

arjenrobben2608
08-12-2011, 02:30
anyone from singapore? still waiting for the release here! anyone know if it will be available?

Marc Vaughan
08-12-2011, 02:46
The game looks awesome!..the social networking options is a great idea, the background seems slightly different which did catch my eyes out at first
Glad you're enjoying it :D

however, it is abit slow on starting a game....is that just for the first time?.. or will it be like that all the time?
its very quick in normal play :)
If you are playing a 'challenge' then its a bit slower than normal starting up as there is a LOT for it to do, otherwise it should be about the same startup speed as with prior versions ...

A single league with quickstarts enabled will be fast as heck, multiple league setup is somewhat slower.

hyrussk71
08-12-2011, 03:58
Waiting for Canadian release, still!

Was so desperate to play immediately hearing the news that I redirected myself to the New Zealand App Store.... which led to disappointment as I couldn't download with the current Apple ID I only have.

Also, I'm impressed by the responses from the SI employees. Really a great effort to get back to forum users and I very rarely see this (if ever) from other sites.

Edit: DOWNLOADING NOW!! Can't wait..

Macflyer
08-12-2011, 05:23
Downloading now myself.....def., with Apple you never know when it's out but better than with Sony PSN store where digital release lag behind physical ones for days and weeks (talking FMH)....

eromar
08-12-2011, 05:27
Hi, is there a Czech League in the game for iOS?

tylerazevedo
08-12-2011, 05:34
Waiting for Canadian release, still!

Edit: DOWNLOADING NOW!! Can't wait..

Canada getting it before USA = lame! :mad:

Sy13
08-12-2011, 06:17
Are there live cup draws and can you play beyond 30 seasons?

David Milmine
08-12-2011, 07:24
anyone from singapore? still waiting for the release here! anyone know if it will be available?

It is available now on the Singapore iTunes Store. Apologies for the delay.

David Milmine
08-12-2011, 07:27
Hi, is there a Czech League in the game for iOS?

No, the Czech league is not currently in the game I'm afraid.

David Milmine
08-12-2011, 07:32
Are there live cup draws and can you play beyond 30 seasons?

I'm sad to say no to both. The addition of live cup draws is a good idea and we will add this to the list of things to think about. I'll warn you that this list is pretty long already as we are always thinking about things to add or change!

lhustwait
08-12-2011, 08:37
Hi,

I think I know the answer but just want to check, I have an iPhone, but will soon be getting an iPad, if I buy it for iPhone, will there be additional charges for the iPad version, or is it the same. If I have to pay twice, I would rather buy for iPad

cheers

David Milmine
08-12-2011, 08:54
Hi,

I think I know the answer but just want to check, I have an iPhone, but will soon be getting an iPad, if I buy it for iPhone, will there be additional charges for the iPad version, or is it the same. If I have to pay twice, I would rather buy for iPad

cheers

As long as you use the same iTunes account you should only have to pay once.

The easiest way to do it is through your computer, with which you can sync your iPad once you have it.

kowak
08-12-2011, 09:35
If I have a player in my first team that ain't playing much will my assistant automatically use him in the reserves?

rafafloripa
08-12-2011, 09:53
If I have a player in my first team that ain't playing much will my assistant automatically use him in the reserves?

No, you would have to move him to your reserve team.

Romers
08-12-2011, 10:48
Up and running now! Wow! No work is getting done today! Got my manager sat opposite me, having to pretend I'm sending emails on my phone! Trying not to celebrate goals and wins as that might give the game away!

FC Adelaide
08-12-2011, 11:20
Love you SI! You've just made my 36 hour flight next Tuesday from Australia to Austria bearable!

dixie29
08-12-2011, 14:17
Hi marc firstly just wanna say well done on this years edition really like all the new features :) but one question, is there anyway of stopping the lag when running the game in hd view mode on iphone 4 ?

Marc Vaughan
08-12-2011, 14:54
Hi marc firstly just wanna say well done on this years edition really like all the new features :) but one question, is there anyway of stopping the lag when running the game in hd view mode on iphone 4 ?

The first generation retina devices strain a little with the high res view when watching the matches; thats one of the reasons I left it as an 'optional' item (turn on/off in Preferences - User Interface) .... I will look at optimising things and trying to speed it up during the update cycle, but at present I have no idea how much faster I can get it tbh ...

(it is smooth as silk on an iPhone4s apparently, I wouldn't know as I don't have one ... :( ;) )

lhustwait
08-12-2011, 15:22
Great,

Thanks

rafafloripa
08-12-2011, 16:02
The first generation retina devices strain a little with the high res view when watching the matches; thats one of the reasons I left it as an 'optional' item (turn on/off in Preferences - User Interface) .... I will look at optimising things and trying to speed it up during the update cycle, but at present I have no idea how much faster I can get it tbh ...

(it is smooth as silk on an iPhone4s apparently, I wouldn't know as I don't have one ... :( ;) )

I notice a lag even when going through different news items. On an iPhone 4 64gb.

Claret_Chris
08-12-2011, 16:33
I notice a lag even when going through different news items. On an iPhone 4 64gb.

Second season for me now cant say I have noticed any lag, also on iPhone 4, will keep an eye out though to see if it is replicated on my device also

rafafloripa
08-12-2011, 16:43
Second season for me now cant say I have noticed any lag, also on iPhone 4, will keep an eye out though to see if it is replicated on my device also

Are you running iOS 5?

dixie29
08-12-2011, 16:51
Chris have you noticed lag in match engine ? i have iPhone 4 16gb and the lag is awful

Claret_Chris
08-12-2011, 16:54
Chris have you noticed lag in match engine ? i have iPhone 4 16gb and the lag is awful

No lag at all in match engine either, infact it runs really really smooth, and no, I havn't updated to IOS 5 yet as I'll be picking up my 4s at end of Dec so didn't see any reason to update.

rafafloripa
08-12-2011, 17:05
No lag at all in match engine either, infact it runs really really smooth, and no, I havn't updated to IOS 5 yet as I'll be picking up my 4s at end of Dec so didn't see any reason to update.

Might be it. I've noticed my phone got considerably slower after the update.

rafafloripa
08-12-2011, 17:27
Just disabled my iCloud, and cleaned my notification centre. Closed all apps and rebooted. Game is a tad bit faster, but highlights still feel like stop-motion. Quite annoying that in HD not all your 11 players fit in the stats list: your last players text is cut in half:

http://i44.tinypic.com/24pxfrr.png

David Milmine
08-12-2011, 17:41
Quite annoying that in HD not all your 11 players fit in the stats list: your last players text is cut in half

We have this logged and agree it is annoying.

dixie29
08-12-2011, 19:23
I hope this lag problem is something that can be fixed ? i'm sure iPhone 4 should be able to handle it.
I mean going from hd to normal screen option is just very disappointing :( i mean there is plenty of games that run smoothly with high res etc.
But overall this years release is superb !

Marc Vaughan
08-12-2011, 20:26
I hope this lag problem is something that can be fixed ? i'm sure iPhone 4 should be able to handle it.
I mean going from hd to normal screen option is just very disappointing :( i mean there is plenty of games that run smoothly with high res etc.
Its to do with techy geeky factors and the fact the game renders to an offscreen buffer and then places that into the OpenGL surface - I'm working on it and hopefully presuming its possible I'll put optimisations to the system in place as part of an update (no promises though, if it was 'easy' to do I'd have done it already ;) ).

PS - As I've indicated elsewhere the speed appears to be 'better' on iOS4 than iOS5 for the original iPhone4 devices, also rebooting to ensure that there are no apps active in the background may also help with keeping things as smooth as possible.

But overall this years release is superb !
Glad you're enjoying it :D

kowak
08-12-2011, 20:33
This game runs like lighting on my iPhone 4s 64gb.

Marc Vaughan
08-12-2011, 21:18
This game runs like lighting on my iPhone 4s 64gb.

If you'd care to send me your phone then I'd be happy to look into optimising it to run EVEN faster .... might take a while to do, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind me (cough) looking after it for a while ;)

(not that I'm jealous and want an iPhone4s or anything ;) )

kowak
08-12-2011, 22:36
Haha...Marc no chance think I'd rather lose a arm. It cost me £699

sammyr10
08-12-2011, 23:54
Definitely getting this for iPad.

Can someone help me though - Is it possible to copy a game save from the FM12 PC version and play it on the handheld version for ipad?

Marc Vaughan
09-12-2011, 01:01
Definitely getting this for iPad.
Can someone help me though - Is it possible to copy a game save from the FM12 PC version and play it on the handheld version for ipad?

No I'm afraid thats not possible - the two games are different products and the save games aren't compatible between them (you can however install FMHi onto an iPad and then take that save game and play it on an iTouch or iPhone).

Vegardls92
09-12-2011, 08:33
What's the reason for the limited amount of available leagues to play compared to the PC/Mac version? Will we ever see the same number of leagues in the iOS version? I'm dying to the play the norwegian Tippeliga on my iPad! Other than that, amazing game! :)

velvetsky
09-12-2011, 09:44
If you'd care to send me your phone then I'd be happy to look into optimising it to run EVEN faster .... might take a while to do, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind me (cough) looking after it for a while ;)

(not that I'm jealous and want an iPhone4s or anything ;) )

marc, cant SI buy you one for xmas??

i am surprised that you (SI) dont have one to develop the game with tho

Lucas Weatherby
09-12-2011, 11:04

Well, I have one :) - FMH is really playing quite nicely on it, if I can say so myself :)

Azbycx
09-12-2011, 12:22
Newbie question: Is the star player function available for my team? I can see the star players of other teams, but I can't figure out how to find out who my star players are :/

David Milmine
09-12-2011, 12:25
Newbie question: Is the star player function available for my team? I can see the star players of other teams, but I can't figure out how to find out who my star players are :/

No it's just for other teams. This is how it used to be many years ago in older versions of our game. It would be a bit confusing to be told who your "best" players were as you might disagree.

Azbycx
09-12-2011, 12:29
Ah okay thanks :) I was hoping it would advice me on who should be a must-use for big matches. But it's a great inclusion on the other teams nonetheless!

David Milmine
09-12-2011, 12:57
Ah okay thanks :) I was hoping it would advice me on who should be a must-use for big matches. But it's a great inclusion on the other teams nonetheless!

The Team Report, which you can see through your Squad -> Action menu, shows your strongest defender, midfielder and attacker. This should help a little.

rafafloripa
09-12-2011, 13:22

The Team Report, which you can see through your Squad -> Action menu, shows your strongest defender, midfielder and attacker. This should help a little.

I don't like this suggestion because it would exclude keepers and two great players in the same position. Additionally, the team report is based on the coach ratings. So I would instead go through my squad -> View menu -> select Detailed + Coach report. Then, sort your players by ability and thus see all players ranked from best to worst.

thebugel
09-12-2011, 17:31
I don't have apple tv so can someone explain how AirPlay works on FMHI? Wouldn't you have to look at iPhone/iPad screen anyway to see where your clicking? Or does the device work as a mouse?

sammyr10
09-12-2011, 19:26
No I'm afraid thats not possible - the two games are different products and the save games aren't compatible between them (you can however install FMHi onto an iPad and then take that save game and play it on an iTouch or iPhone).

OK, thanks for your help Marc.

Marc Vaughan
09-12-2011, 22:54

I have pretty much every other iOS device under the sun - but haven't picked up a 4s yet; our QA does have access to one though for testing purposes.

(for development purposes I tend to utilise the slowest devices possible a lot of the time, that makes sure its as playable as possible on any device)

Marc Vaughan
09-12-2011, 22:55
I don't have apple tv so can someone explain how AirPlay works on FMHI? Wouldn't you have to look at iPhone/iPad screen anyway to see where your clicking? Or does the device work as a mouse?

The way it works at present if you turn the 'Airplay' option on then it'll render an additional cursor to the screen so you can play looking mainly at the TV rather than the iPad, however I fully expect this side of things to evolve and change if it proves a popular option for people.

WayneRooneysHaircut
10-12-2011, 03:01
Great job Marc! You deserve a raise.

In fact, I would like to lobby for the Handheld game to be released on the PC! It is vastly superior to the standard PC game, much faster to play through, easier to tweak tactics, make signings etc. It is what the main game should be. I would have no problems paying ANOTHER $10 to play the handheld version on a computer.

Keep up the good work, and make sure to submit the petition for the Handheld game to be playable on a PC!

Azbycx
10-12-2011, 11:43
Could one of the developers, or anyone else if he/she knows how to, help me out here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290991-FMHiOS-2012-Result-Odds-Help!

Thanks!

Marc Vaughan
10-12-2011, 16:52
Could one of the developers, or anyone else if he/she knows how to, help me out here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290991-FMHiOS-2012-Result-Odds-Help!

Both myself and Alari have replied

Pompey on Tour
11-12-2011, 09:02
Great job Marc! You deserve a raise.

In fact, I would like to lobby for the Handheld game to be released on the PC! It is vastly superior to the standard PC game, much faster to play through, easier to tweak tactics, make signings etc. It is what the main game should be. I would have no problems paying ANOTHER $10 to play the handheld version on a computer.

Keep up the good work, and make sure to submit the petition for the Handheld game to be playable on a PC!

This is very much like earlier versions of the PC game. In the days before the match engine - CM 2001/2002 springs to mind. (I know this one has a 2d match engine). It reminds me of how you played the game back then.

Loving your work guys. Never missed a year since 93 and each year has felt like value for money. Blue Square South is what I have been crying out for as a playable league within the handheld version and you have delivered. Santa is bringing me the PC version ;) but I couldn't wait until then for this version. (Plus Santa doesn't know my itunes password)

urbanjunkie
22-12-2011, 13:50
Been holding off buying this (due to other gaming). Going to take the plunge.

How much space does it take up once installed?

Marc Vaughan
22-12-2011, 13:56
Been holding off buying this (due to other gaming). Going to take the plunge.
How much space does it take up once installed?
368Mb of install space is required for the game.

urbanjunkie
22-12-2011, 13:58
That's hardly nothing. I like it. Cheers Marc.