Averga CA per nation

You shouldn't judge players on CA for pretty much any reason. Whilst its true a player with a 150 CA should be better than a player with a 120 CA there's no reason that a 120 CA player can't be better than a 150 CA player. Judging players by CA is like saying that the club that spends the most money is the best. Whilst it may seem true and on average more money spent leads to more success overall it means very little on a case to case basis. i.e. Leicester in the championship this season. In terms of individual players even we have the likes of Shevchenko and such.

Current Ability is how good a player is in theory, and I still think it is a good rough guide to how good a player is. But obviously other factors like player personality/attribute spread are critically important too. I'm not entirely sure on the figures, as I don't use third party tools a lot, but if I recall 140-150 CA is probably the average you'd want for the first team squad of a middling Premier League club. Same would go for Spain, and then slightly less for France and Italy I guess.

But CA is not based on the money spent.

CA is the actual level of the player out of 200 isnt'it??

Haha, He used the money spent as an example, 'Judging players by CA is like saying that the club that spends the most money is the best'.

Basically you can't judge players on CA, it's their attributes you need to be looking at.

In response to your original question though, I believe a 'good' prem player is around CA 150-165, leading prem player to be 165-200, or something like that.

But CA is not based on the money spent.

CA is the actual level of the player out of 200 isnt'it??

Yes it's the current ability of the player. What Some Guy! meant was you can't just judge players on the CA and not take attributes into account. A player with a higher CA may not necessarily be better, just the same as a club that spends more money than others isn't necessarily a better team. You need to look at more than just a players CA.

Current Ability is how good a player is in theory, and I still think it is a good rough guide to how good a player is. But obviously other factors like player personality/attribute spread are critically important too. I'm not entirely sure on the figures, as I don't use third party tools a lot, but if I recall 140-150 CA is probably the average you'd want for the first team squad of a middling Premier League club. Same would go for Spain, and then slightly less for France and Italy I guess.

I believe that CA 140 would be a decent prem player, anything below (eg 125-139) to me would be leading championship player.

I'd say my figures are right for FM10 at least. I just checked the editor, and used West Ham as an example (predicted to finish 9th at the start of the game), and they had plenty of first team players with under 140 CA (although in reality some of those said players are now considered leading Championship players, haha).

I'd say my figures are right for FM10 at least. I just checked the editor, and used West Ham as an example (predicted to finish 9th at the start of the game), and they had plenty of first team players with under 140 CA (although in reality some of those said players are now considered leading Championship players, haha).

Your'e probably right but i like to aim higher lol. I've always found that if most of my team (in the prem) had CA of less then 140 I'd tend to really struggle.

You have a good EPL player at CA 125 if he had the right stats in the right places. Performances count, not CA/PA. I wouldnt give a seconds thought to what CA a player has, only, can they improve or add to my team, if the answer is yes you should buy them regardless of what one number is telling you.

You have a good EPL player at CA 125 if he had the right stats in the right places. Performances count, not CA/PA. I wouldnt give a seconds thought to what CA a player has, only, can they improve or add to my team, if the answer is yes you should buy them regardless of what one number is telling you.

This is pretty spot on some people tend to base too much on CA and PA. I have had a player with a CA of 155, I know this because I thought he deserved slightly more. I signed him for Man City and he went on to average 8.04 in the Champions League and won best player. I am not sure what the CA is of Ronaldo and Messi but he outperformed both of them and also finished the domestic season with 22 goals in 40 matches and 20 assists. Any player with a CA over 140 with the right attributes and placed in a tactic/role that suits them can play brilliantly.

This is pretty spot on some people tend to base too much on CA and PA. I have had a player with a CA of 155, I know this because I thought he deserved slightly more. I signed him for Man City and he went on to average 8.04 in the Champions League and won best player. I am not sure what the CA is of Ronaldo and Messi but he outperformed both of them and also finished the domestic season with 22 goals in 40 matches and 20 assists. Any player with a CA over 140 with the right attributes and placed in a tactic/role that suits them can play brilliantly.

I do agree as I've seen this before. In FM08 I was AC Milan and saw this player doing awesome after moving to tottenham, he was scoring for fun. (He was a striker, I believe he was called Carlos Javier Acuna or something like that).

I bought him and he was the best striker I had, once again scoring for fun. When I finally thought about checking his CA/PA iirc he had approx CA 154 & PA 165. He was outperforming players with 190+ CA.

I do agree as I've seen this before. In FM08 I was AC Milan and saw this player doing awesome after moving to tottenham, he was scoring for fun. (He was a striker, I believe he was called Carlos Javier Acuna or something like that).

I bought him and he was the best striker I had, once again scoring for fun. When I finally thought about checking his CA/PA iirc he had approx CA 154 & PA 165. He was outperforming players with 190+ CA.

I remember him he was a beast because of his physical attributes.

Acuna was an absolute beast in 08!!

I remember getting for West Ham in the Championship where he scored something like 60 goals in 50 matches. In the EPL he got 45 and 50 then wouldn't sign a new contract so I had to sell him.

I had him at Newcastle, it was one of the first times i had ever taken a player to be a club legend as up till then i only ever played 4-5 seasons at the most at each club. He ended up top EPL scorer in something like 4 years running. His godlike physical stats along with that version of the ME made him almost unstoppable at times, plus he was cheap if you got to him early enough!!

It depends what you mean by "good".

A key player for a top four team in England and a top two team in Spain will have a CA of 160 or higher.

A first team player who is "just another player" for these teams will have a CA of 140-160.

A "typical" player in these leagues will have a CA of about 135.

In Serie A and Ligue 1 (Italy and France), you'd take 5-10 points away from those values, with the Bundesliga sitting somewhere in between.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that CA 140 would be a decent prem player, anything below (eg 125-139) to me would be leading championship player.

There's a lot of overlap though, so a leading Championship player is the same thing as an average Premiership player. Likewise an average Championship player could go to a Premiership club to fill out their squad as a backup.

Yeah definitely. A player's effectiveness will come down to how suitable they are for a particular role (and obviously how suitable that role is to the team and its overall tactic). What this means is the player needs his attributes to be high in the areas that role requires, with his other attributes being less important. In this way, a player could have all his attributes high in the areas required by the role he plays, and all his other attributes (relatively) low, and have a lower CA than a player who has (relatively) high attributes across the board. Whatsmore both players might be equally effective at a particular role despite one having a higher CA than the other.

The benefit of the player with the higher CA is that he will be more suitable to a greater number of roles.

Archived