It's just daft and pretty annoying

I'm Liverpool and Cardiff came in for one of my scouts and offered him a job as a coach, so I offered him a job as a coach as well as I didn't want to lose him. I offered him 11k per week. He turned me down and joined cardiff (not even a first team coach) for 1k a week.

Is this a known bug? Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Edit - The thread title was supposed to be "It's just daft and pretty annoying" but I pressed enter by mistake.

Sorted

was his favored club Liverpool or any of his favored players at Liverpool?

Check his history and see if there is any connection

No connection and no favourite club. He's Brazilian.

Theres just no rational explanation for it

Not noticed this with scouts but quite a number of times a player I've offered salary for goes to another (worse situation) club for les wages. Very annoying!

I personally think it's a ''wrong after-shave'' thing.

Not noticed this with scouts but quite a number of times a player I've offered salary for goes to another (worse situation) club for les wages. Very annoying!

I personally think it's a ''wrong after-shave'' thing.

But I use Old Spice!

I'm Liverpool and Cardiff came in for one of my scouts and offered him a job as a coach, so I offered him a job as a coach as well as I didn't want to lose him. I offered him 11k per week. He turned me down and joined cardiff (not even a first team coach) for 1k a week.

Is this a known bug? Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Edit - The thread title was supposed to be "It's just daft and pretty annoying" but I pressed enter by mistake.

I get this a lot, even when they have no favoured clubs listed.

I often see that I can't hire a staff person because he wants just a notch more in salary than I'm allowed to offer. Then some lower rep club hire that very same person for only 1/4 of the salary he demanded from me.

So it seems the salary argument for staff works the opposite as for players. I've often read that the reason players join other clubs for less salary is because the club he joined has a higher rep. But obviously it doesn't work that way for staff members...

You hit on a good point Sikker. It's amazing just how often the scout, or coach, you are trying to get on board wants a tiny bit more than the board will let you pay & the deal falls through. Like this thing was put in just to annoy.

Archived