Manager Reputation

A quick gripe,

Second season starts and the manager merry-go-round is in full swing. Feasibly Del Bosque resigns as Spain coach and is replaced by Pep Guardiola (which I cant see happening, but reputaion wise its okay).

This leaves Barcelona needing a new guvnor and they decide to go for Wenger, (again Wenger's reputation would be rightly quite high). So now Arsenal have a dilemma, who can replace Wenger? According to the board at Arsenal, Mick Mcarthy is the man for the job! Really??

As a football fan, I would literally bet my car that Mick Mcarthy would not be getting the Arsenal job in 1 years time. As a side note, the leagues running in full mode.

And to let you know that Arsenal finished 4th in the first season which is probably there or thereabouts. Wolves did overacheive by finishing 10th and they didn't win or reach any domestic finals.

The question I'm basically asking is, should manager reputaion be moved to 0-1000? With maybe only a select few being in the 900's, the "ready for the big jobs" in the 7 and 800's etc....

Super Mick would fit in well at Arsenal wouldnt he? With his brash Yorkshireman attitude? He would sign Stephen Ward and make him captain, OR whoever is the best irish player at Reading. Thats how Mick Rolls...

I think with the reputation, and if there were only a few managers for the "big" jobs then you would see stupider appointments than Super Mick at Arsenal. It would be a merry go round of 6 managers at the big clubs, and in a journeyman save it would make it harder to get one of the big jobs without winning everything at least once.

Thats how Mick Rolls

There's either a crossover meme or a new bread product in this.

---

I took Wrexham to the Premiership in successive seasons and during our Champioship season, I was offered the Arsenal job, which I thought was unrealistic.

Let's say Graham Westley took Stevenage up this year and was sitting 6th in the Championship this time next year. Would he be offered the Arsenal job? Would he hell.

Reputation can be quite farcical at times, but I don't think there's anything to worry about unless you lost out on a job to someone with considerably less pedigree than yourself.

There's either a crossover meme or a new bread product in this.

LOLOL. Would have to be a Yorkshire tea by product.

Hy, I'm Mick MacCarhty, d'you like butties wi' yer cuppa? Then stick a couple o' these in' toaster. Mick Rolls, exclusively fr'm Arkwright's.

McCarthy.jpg

Change what with FMRTE?

I see that "change it with FMRTE" is the new "its your tactics"

Well done.

FMRTE is an Football Manager RealTimeEditor.

There you can change Mick McCarthy back to Wolves and put Thomas Schaaf or Nigel Clough as Arsenal manager as you like.

Cheers.

The manager's reputation should decline over the years if they dont get their season goals/victories/cups/leagues/get sacked/etc...

I think the system now only add rep so the only ones that will lose are the ones without a job. Correct me if Im wrong...

stop moaning

Thanks for your input pal! I don't post on here all the time, because of idotic responses like that.

Seriously why why why should I, or anyone put some thought into a thread, for responses like that. Enlighten me son, whats a forum for? Isit for discussion of the game? Suggestions to make improvements? Banter? To ask questions? To vent? You tell me mate! Coz I'll tell you that you can carry on making stupid comments boy, keep boosting your post count! You crack on! You've 3 posts in here and none of them have contributed at all. For a subject which I've rightly brought up.

Archived