Tracking Warnings and Fines

Is there screen where you can see your history of player warnings and fines for poor performance/discipline?

At the moment I make a note every time I do this but it really is a hassle and it just seems like such an easy feature to implement and would save me and I imagine a lot of other players a lot of time/hassle.

Is there screen where you can see your history of player warnings and fines for poor performance/discipline?

At the moment I make a note every time I do this but it really is a hassle and it just seems like such an easy feature to implement and would save me and I imagine a lot of other players a lot of time/hassle.

May I ask for what purpose do you write these notes?

I have a simple system that works on a per season basis:

Poor Performance #1 - Warning

Poor Performance #2 - 1 week's wages

Poor Performance #3+ - 2 week's wages

Red Card #1 (2 yellows) - Warning

Red Card #1 - 1 week's wages

Red Card #2+ - 2 week's wages

But I'm interested in how other people discipline their squads.

May I ask for what purpose do you write these notes?

I have a simple system that works on a per season basis:

Poor Performance #1 - Warning

Poor Performance #2 - 1 week's wages

Poor Performance #3+ - 2 week's wages

Red Card #1 (2 yellows) - Warning

Red Card #1 - 1 week's wages

Red Card #2+ - 2 week's wages

But I'm interested in how other people discipline their squads.

I use that exact system, so if a player gets below 6 then I give him a warning and will then put a note saying I've warned him and what season the warning was in. If it happens again I'll double check the notes to see if I have history with warning him, then if I do I fine 1 week, after that 2 etc.

There's no need to write anything down for reds because I can just see how many reds has gotten over the course of the season as that data is easily obtainable.

I also hate the yellow asterisk that appears when you create a note. Took me nearly a full season to work out what it was.

For me my response to red cards depends on the circumstances. If there is an element of doubt due to poor refereeing, I'll let it go. If it was for a professional foul (DOGSO), I'll let it go. If it was for violent conduct I'll start with a week's fine.
I used to do this, but once even when there was an element of doubt I had some players complain about squad discipline.

Granted this was in FM 2011, but I haven't ever gone wrong with the system I use now.

I also hate the yellow asterisk that appears when you create a note. Took me nearly a full season to work out what it was.

Ditto. I used to create lots of interesting yet trivial notes but the asterisks are just too much. I really can't stand their blot on the UI. It's weird, I know, but I just can't stand it.

I used to do this, but once even when there was an element of doubt I had some players complain about squad discipline.

I don't take player unrest into account; to me, because it's a game I can be as harsh as I want. It might backfire sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't. I've fined 7 players after one game once and they all complained but I just let them vent their frustrations before they settled down again. I don't have to worry about them leaving because the transfer AI in this year's version is so weak that no player would be bought anyway.

• 1 month later...

I think that when you're given the option of giving a warning or fine for a red card, it should give you the stats on their discipline i.e. so many cards this season, so many last season, and if you took any action. would just make it easier than having to bounce from screen to screen searching for that info. instead, it would be much more ideal if it were all there in the news item for you

Archived