How to stay in the Premiership...

Okay, so I had my first real success of the Championship save I've been doing - I got Nottingham Forest promoted.

I spent very little in the first season - bringing in Ravel Morrison and Zeki Fryers on loan from Manchester United and signing Nacho (what a name!), Jerzy Dudek, Josh Wright and Sergio on frees. I finished second in the league.

Upon promotion I was given £13 million to spend.

I've spent most of it - signing David Stockdale, Kelvin Wilson, Jay Spearing, James McFadden and David Goodwillie and I know I need to give it some time to gel.

I got thrashed 4-0 in my opening game - although it was against Manchester United at Old Trafford - and I drew 0-0 with Blackburn in the second game - I felt I deserved to win though - and I'm 17th with two games played.

I know that there's a long way to go in the season, but I don't want to spend the season struggling so I feel compelled to ask: How do I stay up?

I mean in terms of tactics more than anything as, and they may be awful, I've already made my signings...

I think he was looking for some tips and tactics to steal some points of some of the bigger clubs and just some general advice on how he can try and stay up from people who have maybe done so in the past. I'm not sure the Nottingham Forest thread is what he was after, not everyone in that thread talks about life in the Premiership and I think he was hoping to broaden the response from people who plays as teams in similar positions, not speficially Nottingham Forest.

Okay, so I had my first real success of the Championship save I've been doing - I got Nottingham Forest promoted.

I spent very little in the first season - bringing in Ravel Morrison and Zeki Fryers on loan from Manchester United and signing Nacho (what a name!), Jerzy Dudek, Josh Wright and Sergio on frees. I finished second in the league.

Upon promotion I was given £13 million to spend.

I've spent most of it - signing David Stockdale, Kelvin Wilson, Jay Spearing, James McFadden and David Goodwillie and I know I need to give it some time to gel.

I got thrashed 4-0 in my opening game - although it was against Manchester United at Old Trafford - and I drew 0-0 with Blackburn in the second game - I felt I deserved to win though - and I'm 17th with two games played.

I know that there's a long way to go in the season, but I don't want to spend the season struggling so I feel compelled to ask: How do I stay up?

I mean in terms of tactics more than anything as, and they may be awful, I've already made my signings...

build a better team hire great coaches, post your team up

Will try and give you a sensible answer I did it with West Ham finished 6th in the Premiership.

Keep the opposition Formation open on Game screen (When it changes counter their changes Ie if they go with a DMC close him down and dont let him play)

DO NOT play fluid football at most keep it at balanced with a boring formation if anything 4-4-2 does work if used right.

Only go attacking if losing or when you can see the oppositions tirdness coming in (Morale and Fitness).

Basically SIMPLE METHODS GO A LONG WAY

Hope that helps a bit?

Archived