AI is getting unfair contract negotiation advantages !!!

I have frequently notice that the AI is getting unfair contract negotiation advantages

a prime example of this is I aM playing as willem 2 in the Dutch first division mr seedorf becomes available and would be a excellent addition to my young team

at the negotiations mr seedorf is asking for 54,000 a week and a half million pounds signing on fee,

obviously to say this is not affordable for my team,

A week later Mr seedorf signs for az(AI TEAM) at 10,000 a week?

my big question is, I missing something here or is this a bug

either way I find this quite frustrating. In particular when you play with small teams and this should be looked into!

I have frequently notice that the AI is getting unfair contract negotiation advantages

a prime example of this is I aM playing as willem 2 in the Dutch first division mr seedorf becomes available and would be a excellent addition to my young team

at the negotiations mr seedorf is asking for 54,000 a week and a half million pounds signing on fee,

obviously to say this is not affordable for my team,

A week later Mr seedorf signs for az(AI TEAM) at 10,000 a week?

my big question is, I missing something here or is this a bug

either way I find this quite frustrating. In particular when you play with small teams and this should be looked into!

What you are seeing probably doesn't have anything to do with the AI having an advantage on you, and everything to do with AZ having an advantage on Willem 2 in this particular situation (ie: Seedorf isn't particularly interested in working for Willem 2 for some reason, for instance because their reputation isn't good enough).

Club/manager rep has everything to do with it, that being said the current system is flawed as there is a whole strand of contract negotiations missing as the only way we can communicate our level of interest & what we are looking for the player to bring to the team is by setting his squad status & financial package.

In this instance I really wouldn't be looking for Seedorf to be just a player but that is all I can do, I'd be telling him that I want him to use his experience to help guide my younger players, maybe help out in coaching duties (this wouldn't count against f/t coach allocation) in preparation for him moving into management, basically massage his ego & sell the role that I'm offering.

The same approach could apply to that player you plan to build a team around, there should be an option to tell him this & even indicate some of the other players you are looking to bring in & how they will compliment his abilities to make him the next footballing sensation.

Just like a club wanting £20m for a player worth 500k means they don't want to sell him, a player wanting ridiculous wages or release clauses can be translated to "it would take a LOT for me to play for you, silly man".

Another reason for silly wage demands is that your top earner is on even sillier wages.

Another reason for silly wage demands is that your top earner is on even sillier wages.

So somebody is going to base their wage on what somebody else is paid? "Oh, I'm not going to sign for you at £20k because Mr Bean is paid £40k. I think I'll go and sign for this lot two divisions down at £5k, their top earner is only on £4k and now I'm the main man! Mwahahaha! I'm so clever!"

So somebody is going to base their wage on what somebody else is paid? "Oh, I'm not going to sign for you at £20k because Mr Bean is paid £40k. I think I'll go and sign for this lot two divisions down at £5k, their top earner is only on £4k and now I'm the main man! Mwahahaha! I'm so clever!"

Precisely :D

I would love to see these examples of players turning down an honest Premier League contract & opting to play in League 1, I do not recall seeing it happen in the game but if it has then it would be interesting to see why such a decision was made.

I would love to see these examples of players turning down an honest Premier League contract & opting to play in League 1, I do not recall seeing it happen in the game but if it has then it would be interesting to see why such a decision was made.

For me, it's usually a case of a player under contract refusing a new deal on slightly reduced terms, then when the contract expires going elsewhere, often a lower division, on vastly reduced terms. And we all know that when a player leaves your club he suddenly develops a pathological hatred of it and everybody connected to it so won't negotiate a return, which is the actual problem, rather than any AI advantage.

I can't remember cases like the ops to be fair, in fact I've had quite a few examples where a player signs for me over a higher ranked team, probably because I've offered a higher squad status.

I can't remember cases like the ops to be fair, in fact I've had quite a few examples where a player signs for me over a higher ranked team, probably because I've offered a higher squad status.

This. That is my experience too.

I've never ever seen that either.

This is quite clearly a case of a player going to a team with a better reputation. Nothing more.

Archived