Signs of over confidence

I'm noticing that almost every single game my team or at least some players are showing signs of over confidence. It doesn't matter if I'm harsh witrh my team talks or tell them to warn against complacency in the next match, if they've been dropped, if the team loses a game and so on. I'm having a pretty poor season and it's the same almost every game.

Is anybody else noticing this in FM12? Is it a known problem thats beiong worked on or do I have to just slate my team and tell them they're crap in every other game now?

Edit - I'm looking at two players who haven't played in two weeks that are showing signs of over confidence and bear in mind that I told the team in the match before that they should be playing like this in every match even though I won it 2-0 against a much lesser team.

Edit - I'm looking at two players who haven't played in two weeks that are showing signs of over confidence and bear in mind that I told the team in the match before that they should be playing like this in every match even though I won it 2-0 against a much lesser team.

Maybe that's the problem. If you should have won easilly and they struggle to win then dont say that they should play always like this... Dont say nothing or say something bad.

I never said to my players that they should always play like this since this feature is in FM. Even if they win 10-0...

But if your team is a lot better then the opposition sometimes over confidence is normal. Just kick their's ass at halftime if they arent doing well. It works for me.

They aren't overconfident unless they are "playing with confidence" first, so if you put a bit of pressure on the team (and they can handle that) you should really be fine until half-time. Build confidence whenever you can and don't worry about overconfidence until it actually occurs. It is usually seen as poor performance before half-time and/or complacency after half-time. If your team is "playing with confidence" leading comfortably at half-time, this means you need to warn against complacency. If the performances are poor by half-time and the team has superb or very good morale, I always tell them to pull the finger out and start performing (assertive/aggressive).

There is little chance of overconfidence if the team doesn't have superb morale.

Something just doesn't seem right with player interaction. This isn't to do with confidence but it is to do with player attitudes.

I've praised a few players who have been superb, only to be told that they don't believe they deserve the praise and that we differ in opinions. Hmm, okay. So 14 goals in 12 games isn't great then? And I guess a defender scoring 3 goals in 7 games whilst getting 8.9 ratings in four of those games and the rest at 7.6 with only one slightly above average 6.8 rating is also not particularly good?

These are the only two players that spring to mind but there has been a lot of it going on through out the season. It just doesn't seem right to me and I never had this problem on FM11.

Archived