Kinda Stuck and Stumped

Hi, I am currently managing Arsenal )latest patch) and went to buy Julio Baptisa from Real Madrid. They accepted the bid but went I went to offer contract, the board limited his wages to 3,500 pounds a week. I have bought one one and their are heaps of money in the kitty for transfers and wages, so why the limit and I can't improve offer.

Anyway around this, mabye use editor, makes no sense to me, my hands have been tied big time.

any advice would be excellent.

cheers

Happens to me too, its like the board dont want you giving them max wages. For instance when I sign players on pre contracts sometimes I can offer a player the max amount then others it limits it, think its to do with their country they play in...or the amount of pre contracts I have already offered by seeing as I can offer 70,000pounds to one guy on key player and then only 4000pounds max on another.

Originally posted by numpty01:

Hi, I am currently managing Arsenal )latest patch) and went to buy Julio Baptisa from Real Madrid. They accepted the bid but went I went to offer contract, the board limited his wages to 3,500 pounds a week. I have bought one one and their are heaps of money in the kitty for transfers and wages, so why the limit and I can't improve offer.

Anyway around this, mabye use editor, makes no sense to me, my hands have been tied big time.

any advice would be excellent.

cheers

Maybe he's a disliked palyer at the club?

Also, the board tend to put a cap on unknown youngsters, especially those from foreign countries, players that have serious injuries, players that have just had serious injuries, old players - there are various other factors.

If you have made a lot of big contract offers or have future transfers they will take this into account when limiting you as well.

apart from adjusting the budget... you might have enough funds for transfers, but what is your actual balance & wage budget difference?

Thats what I am saying, I have not used any of anything yet, heaps of money for transfer and wages yet the board limit the wages to 3,500 pounds for a world class player like Julio Baptista from Real Madrid?

To give you an example I have youngsters on more than that in the res, also how do you adjust the budget, I cannot see how?

Cheers

What pelicanstuff said. He could be a disliked player at the club. He was at Arsenal a few years ago on loan wasn't he. Maybe he said something that upset the board. Maybe that's why he didn't sign permanently then.

Thanks for all the input, I did figure it out after one of the posts mentioned 'budget adjustment'. What I did find that it had nothing to do with the player, even though I have heaps for transfer my wages are all but allocated which for me makes very little sense. I have heaps to buy players but my hands are tied because 99.9% of my wages are already used up, I did however allocate more funds to wages but then my transfer allocation went from 45 mill, to 5 LOL, guess one cannot have it both ways.

Cheers

Archived