do we have to change tactics often?

I have 2 tactics that i use regularly. one is my normal tactic that i feel comfortable with in most cases, the other i use against clubs who seem to try to play with 10 defenders.

when i go into LLM i will probably make one that is more defensive as well, because i won't be quite as dominating as frequently.

i'm 6 years in, i don't think anyone has figured anything out...

The AI doesnt ever crack your tactic so to speak, but it will adjust its tactics depending on your rep.

I personally use one tactic, but i change mentality and make big use of the shouts when changes are needed, thats not to say my way is best, but i dont like making huge tactical changes every few weeks.

I have changed my tactic once. Simply because I have got better players now

I used to play

.................Gk

....DL ....DC ....DC....DR

.................DM

....ML..........MC.......MR....

..........FC .........FC

I now play

.................Gk

....DL .....DC ....DC ....DR

....ML .........MC........ MR

.................AM

...........FC.........FC

So far I been at 4 clubs and used what i would say a base tactic and adapted from there to each club. Started in league 2 a bog standard direct 442, becoming more of a short passing possesion game moving up the divisions. At spurs they had one of the worlds best amc's who doesn't fit my usual tactics so I adapted it into a fluid 4411. Moved to real madrid mid season they have terrible wingers so took them out and adapted my 4411 into a 4312.

I go with 1 tactic. I never change anything, apart from free-kick, corner-kick and penalty takers.

I never use shout. Nor do i tweak anything with my tactics/formation.

My tactics are self-made and "imported" from FM2011.

You can be successful with 1 tactic. So, in my experience. No. You don't have to change tactics at all.

I play 1 tactic (442 diamond), 90 minutes simulated each match.

During a match, the AI often forces me to change details of my tactic, especially individual instructions (crossing, keep the ball) and mainly use of a playmaker.

I don't know if it's done on purpose or it's just the different profiles of AI but it's impossible for me to keep exactly the same tactic every 3 matches (even with a top team).

Archived