Selling Youth Facilities / Scrapping Youth Setup

Anyone seen this in the game ? It's May 2015 and Sunderland have just released 2 press releases that due to their current financial situation, they are Selling their Youth Facilties and also Scrapping Youth Setup.

To be honest, this shocked me. Despite it saving some hefty money on doing this, how on earth can they improve on the field ? They are also using rented facilities.

Thoughts on this ?

They currently have INSECURE financial situation, makes me feel bad and makes me want to use FMRTE to help them out with increasing their bank balance

In my game Dunfermline scrapped their youth setup and the board said they were willing to do the same for me if I wanted... i.e. to save some money. I didn't do anything. That's the best part of FM for me. I'd rather develop a youngster than buy a first teamer. I can understand it happening in Scotland to save money (they did scrap the reserve league...a thing that bugs me in FM all the time) but it seems strange in England!

The club I'm managing started off with rented youth facilities, it seems almost impossible to upgrade them :(

Well obviously you can't if you rent them. The board have decided the club isd not in a position to buy and spend money on it so you just have to make do.

I posted screenies in another thread of a club in my game that scrapped it's youth setup and training ground due to financial crisis. It also plunged into the relegation zone. A few weeks later the situation must have stabilised because I got a news item that they were allowed to buy players again and they're winning games to haul themselves to safety.

Well obviously you can't if you rent them. The board have decided the club isd not in a position to buy and spend money on it so you just have to make do.

By upgrade I just meant progress to having our own facilities, I probably wasn't too clear there. Annoying really as they've spent millions on the training facilities.

Archived