Most Multilingual player you've seen...

What is the most multilingual player you've seen. Currently, my captain can speak Danish, English, German, Hungarian and Basic Macedonian, Swedish and Norwegian. Anyone seen anyone with a ridiculous number of spoken languages?

Holy crap.....I kinda wanna see this guy's history.

The most I've seen is 4 or 5 languages and those usually end up being english, french, spanish and italian.

Well all Danes speak fluent danish and english and many herman as well, plus if you speak danish you basicly speak swedish and norwegian as well... The it's just two additional languages, which may be explained by parental influence... so it doesn't seem as far fetched to me at some multi-national journeyman players might do

But i guess it's certainly a bonus to have a captain who can communicate with his team ;-)

This chap just turned 21 and has been with my side since he was 18. Its a Hungarian club. That explains that Danish England, German and Hungarian as well as Basic Swedish and Norwegian. I think he's also Macedonian by decent, his name is Zoran Jovanovski.

Although I have another Danish players, Lars Jensen (another regen), who's 20 now. He speaks Danish, English as well as Basic Swedish, Norwegian, German and Hungarian. He's actually been at the club for longer than Zoran.

So, anyone seen any interesting players who can speak a lot of languages?

Philip Senderos can speak English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Serbian - 6 languages.

It's not uncommon. Roy Hodgson speaks native English, he speaks fluent Norwegian, Swedish, Japanese, German and Italian, as well as some Danish, French and Finnish.

I'm sure there's a few more.

Archived