Contracts in lower leagues

Ok so Im in charge of solihull moors on one of my saves and havent alot of experience managing in the lower leagues. The teams is far exceeding expectations sitting top of the league at the moment and was tipped to finish mid table. I have by far the strongest squad in the bnet north with my squad arguably good enough for the playoffs in the league above so im blitzing the league.

The trouble is all these good players I have most except 4 in my squad are on non contracts with the 4 players an exception on £350 part time contracts. My entire squad has a transfer status of wanted with alot of npower league 2 clubs wanting my young stars. I have £0 to buy players with and the board allow hardly anything for wages so most players on non contracts.

Im just finding it annoying that I really can do little to keep my players at the club as they are on non contracts and I cant afford to sign them to part time contracts. So far Ive had to just sign new improved non contracts(higher win bonuses etc) whenever a bid comes in but now its getting ridiclous as I have 7 seperate bids in and more sure to follow with my whole squad wanted. Whats more annoying is my top scorer and league top scorer striker and captain centre back both key players and fan favourites are avaible on free transfers at the end of the season.

Im just wondering if anyone with alot of bnet north league exp can suggest any way I can hold onto them?

As Ive worked so hard to get this squad into promotion contention and really dont want to lose 80% of my squad at the end of season due to not affording their wage demands of part time contracts upgrades from non-contracts.

I had pretty much the same problem with my Hyde United side. We finished top of BSN by about 20 points and I had some real star performers. Quite a few of my players were wanted by other clubs.. Whenever I saw the 'wanted' icon or a club offered a contract to my players on non-contracts I would just do as you have been doing by offering them another contract. I found that I didn't even have to increase the bonuses in order for them to accept and it usually gets rid of interest from another club a little while. I ran into a problem when my best player, and captain, was offered a part-time contract well above what I could afford considering I was already over-budget. I lost him which is a shame since he was by far my best performer. Sometimes this is inevitable running a lower-league side. I do find that as long as you keep them happy and their morale high then they'll usually prefer to stay with you, so just keep abusing those team-talks, team-meetings etc.

I'm also playing in the lower leagues and use a little trick to tie my players down to long contracts to avoid the inevitabe wage hikes. Negociate your contracts as normal and when they accept don't hit finalise deal straight away, instead change the contract length to the longest possible and then offer again and they will always accept it.

Possibly cheating in some peoples eyes but it has saved me losing my best players after a season when they ask for wages I can't afford.

Archived