What makes you want to move club

Im in my 5th season with Dusseldorf, this was my first season in Europe had a good cup run and wanted Europa league again, with 4 games to go I was 5th 5 points clear I got 2 points from the last 4 games, short of wanting to break everything in my house, I fined players for a total of about 10 weeks wages, transfer listed 4, now Im thinking if I want to be here next season or just move on

I'll generally only move if I feel I've hit my current club's ceiling. As I tend to start in the Blue Square North/South in England, that ceiling is generally the Championship, so I'll aim to firmly establish my club in a degree of relative safety at that level for a couple of seasons. After that, I'll look for a decent sized club at that level (or at a push the level below), and I'll then look to do the same.

My best FM11 career saw me take Farnborough into the Championship before leaving for Middlesbrough. Although I took Boro into the PL and on into the Europa League a couple of years afterwards, I still regretted leaving Farnborough. As a result, I've started again in the BSS!

Usually, when the board annoy me with a lack of ambition.

I work hard to stay well within wage budgets, sometimes at the cost of relationships with fans/players. As long as we're successful, all's great.

The problem arises when we get promoted and the board don't match my ambition for the following season. I generally know the squad I've got is good enough for a top half/playoff push, but the board only wants survival. Thus, they won't authorise even a small increase in the wage budget to let me reward- and hold onto- the players who got us promoted in the first place, nor will they make any cash available if anyone gets sold. Grrr.

I always end up disappointed when i move looking for a change, because beyond possible expectation differences, all the clubs are the same. There's no difference in culture, style of play expected, transfer policy or preferred competition (i.e president/club obsessed with champions' league). Just a colour change imo. Can't say i've even noticed any particular change in opponents' playing styles from league to league.

I agree with ManU Tactician & normally accept jobs when offered, just to see where it leads me.

I am normally dying to leave when my MD sells players from under me & gets a lousy deal for them; especially when he sells them in the last day of transfer window leaving me no time to replace them.

I always resign when the board put 'Win the league' as min. requirement. No joy in that situation.

Archived