PDA

View Full Version : Backup players

singtelsux
04-12-2011, 17:12
Why can't I tell my backup players that the fact that they're backup players meant they're not first choice in line up ?
All i have in player interaction is whether to play them or sold them.

Eugene Tyson
04-12-2011, 17:16
Can you not say you'll see about putting them on loan? I usually do this. And they pipe down.

vilks
04-12-2011, 17:22
Make sure you have the option to recall them if they go on loan, it means you don't get a fee but if they really are a backup and you need them then if you have some serious injury problems you can get them back.

Fabio MVP
04-12-2011, 19:52
In FM being back-up doesn't means playing no games.

vilks
04-12-2011, 20:03
Indeed. I always play my back up keeper in domestic cup games and if we are knocked out of every cup early in the season I play him occasionally if we are playing against a weaker team just to keep him from complaining.

singtelsux
05-12-2011, 06:33
I believe playing them in cup games did not satisfy them.

but the point is there should be an option said that they are backup and need to be patient. i recall this option was available in previous fm interaction.

JamboSteven
05-12-2011, 10:00
I believe playing them in cup games did not satisfy them.

but the point is there should be an option said that they are backup and need to be patient. i recall this option was available in previous fm interaction.

I agree with this, I find it almost impossible to sign a player specifically to be back-up and for him to remain happy as back-up.

vilks
05-12-2011, 11:41
Strange, I haven't had any problems at all yet, unless it really is a player that is simply too poor to play, in which case I need to sell him anyway.