coaching stars confusion

I found an odd thing. I have my whole team at 4 star coaching, then i started working on youth team's coaching. I got a couple youth coaches with 19 or 20 working with youngsters and acording to a coach calculator they should be 4 star but when i put them in for youth coaching but instead they are coming up with 2 star max. also yes they are hired on as youth coaches. also quick question should i use regular fitness and goalkeeping coaches for the youth team or should I hire them as youth coaches?

Have you got your players in the right schedules? I once accidentally put my goalkeepers into my CB training schedule and was confused as to why I only had 2 stars on goalkeeper coaching when it should have been 4 and a half. Once I put the keepers back into the right schedule it went back to normal.

Like Welshace I only use coaches and not 1st team or Youth coaches. That way you can get away with a good saving on wages. I can't see any downside to this, can anyone else?

I'm not sure if it actually has any effect or not, but I tend to back up the 4-5 star coach with a youth coach who has a high "working with youngsters" attribute even though he might be rated 2-3 stars for each training category

• 1 month later...
little bit off topic.. by why do people bother with youth coaches? or first team coaches for that matter?

why not just use standard coaches to coach all players .. surely its more efficient

Because the patch changed the way the coach limits worked, meaning if you want as many coaches as possible then you need to appoint specific roles like fitness coach etc.

Archived