A noob goes to Lincoln

JB Muggins

Hi all. I have been lurking these parts for many a month, so after picking up some inspiration, I thought it would be good to finally start my own. I present to you...

20110901011105!Lincoln_City_F.C._badge.png

The Imps it is. I begin my career in the Blue Square Premier. Lincoln have had a rough time of late, and were recently relegated from League two. However first time

promotion doesn't seem to be the priority, indeed the board expect a top half finish. The media have predicted that I finish eighth.

In terms of the current shape of the club, everything appears well. Our stadium is a 10,000 all seater, although I suspect we will struggle to even get near those numbers.We posses 'Average' training facilities, which sounds good to me.

The squad is quite bare, but I have 17.5k to spend per week in wages, and I am currently spending about 12k. So I am looking to bring in a few freebies. Transfer budget

is 0 as expected.

I plan to do monthly updates. Post away!

It's a very competitive league, and probably a lot closer to L2 than the BSN/S in terms of quality. Teams very rarely get promoted at the first time of asking after relegation (I think Carlisle were the last to do this), while the teams that get promoted to L2 generally stay there.

Stockport and Lincoln both look closer to relegation than promotion in real life.

It's a very competitive league, and probably a lot closer to L2 than the BSN/S in terms of quality. Teams very rarely get promoted at the first time of asking after relegation (I think Carlisle were the last to do this), which the teams that get promoted to L2 generally stay there.

Indeed, it appears to have a load of quality

Month one completed. I have already completed the bulk of my transfers. I must say I am very happy with the players I've picked up:

Za188.jpg

The pick of the bunch has to be...

Omar Koroma

M4Usd.jpg

3 Goals and an assist in 2 friendlies.

My preseason:

VCaez.jpg

Did well in all games, overall. Slightly dissapointed not to beat league two gillingham, as I dominated the match. However a draw is a very respectable result.

On we go to the competetive stuff!

It's a very competitive league, and probably a lot closer to L2 than the BSN/S in terms of quality. Teams very rarely get promoted at the first time of asking after relegation (I think Carlisle were the last to do this), while the teams that get promoted to L2 generally stay there.

Very true though in the first 10 years of relegation to the Conference, most clubs went straight up. But as you say, unlikely now. Last time Lincoln went down to the Conference, around 1990, they came straight back up.

Good to hear, hopefully he lives up to expectations irl as so many Watford strikers do. Who are you with?

I support Yeovil. If you mean in game, I have several games on the go, Southampton, Luton and FC Bayern being my most enjoyable.

A very mixed month. Poor defending and poor finishing seem to be blighting my team, having said that 3 wins in 6 isn't too bad.

lu4AI.jpg

I can understand the Luton result, but the Cambridge and Fleetwood results are frankly unacceptable.

From those results, the table looks like this...

TgcLz.jpg

Dissapointing overall.

Lincoln player of the month

qtGnM.jpg

Not just Lincoln potm, the division potm, an excellent month for the lad. My French playmaker has garnered four assists and a man of the match award in five appearances.

Looking ahead to the next month, i have decided to set myself a target: 12 points from a possible 15.

September has concluded, and a very successful month was had. I surpassed my target by winning all five games.

LNt5c.jpg

As you can see I scored three goals in each match. This attacking skill pleases me, especially as most of the goals came in the second 45 of matches. One thing that still concerns me however is the fact that I have only kept one clean sheet in the matches. But I am confident that this can be controlled by tactics and on the training ground.

As a result of these points, I have shot up the table.

B5KCn.jpg

Second place is extremely pleasing, however second is only as good as fifth in this league, so I am aiming for the top.

Financially, it is looking quite dire. I need a cup run to improve my bank balance. I find myself 35k in the red, from 180k in the black at one point.

Lincoln Player of the Month Award

No one alone stood out massively, as it has truly been a team performance. But I have decided to award it to Omar Koroma.

5lOmq.jpg

As you can see four goals and an assist is a great haul, especially considering that came from 3 matches of a possible five.

Fortunately that injury was nothing serious much to my relief.

Target for my next month is 13 from 15. Most of the matches are home, and none are massively challenging although Stockport could prove a stumbling point. We must keep an excellent standard if we are to overtake Mansfield.

A decent month overall. Started off with three straight wins, and then... Our leaky defence corrected itself. Trouble is, our goalscoring habits went the other way. We had a great opportunity to go four clear of second place Mansfield, yet we failed to put our chances away, and in the next match the story was the same.

VPUrV.jpg

Those results leaves the table like this. This month a tale of missed opportunities, in more ways than one

HCFSp.jpg

I really do hope my goalscoring picks up in the next month, it really is worrying me. I do not want a slump as so many others have at around this point.

Lincoln Player of the Month

Sam Smith. I must say I wrote him off slightly, but after giving a chance in the team he has shone. Could be my other striker behind Omar Koroma from now on.

hjz0M.jpg

That concludes October. Looking ahead at fixtures, an easy (looking) month coming up. I am going to set myself the ambitious task of winning all games, including the fa cup first round match I have.

An awful, awful, month. I haven't posted for a few days as I have been taking it slowly trying to correct whatever is going wrong. People seem to always have a slump, but I fear it is more as we are getting dominated in games. Here is our poor results.

WH4ao.jpg

As you can see awful results with respite offered only with the win over Arlesley where we were massive favourites, and an unconvincing league win.

odWoH.jpg

That leaves us third, and looking well over our shoulder. Now realistically I cannot see us finishing top, or in the top three.

The singular positive is we are into the FA cup 2nd round with a winnable match. I will either be delighted/heartbroken depending on the result as I really want this.

No player of the month as frankly they don't deserve it

Archived