Weirdest thing that's ever happened to you on FM?

Mine was on FM07; I finished 15th in my first season with Tottenham - but won the UEFA Cup! Then in my second season with Tottenham, I went on a 16 match winning-streak and finished second - but won the UEFA Cup yet again!!

I'm sure there are a lot more weirder things that happened to you in your FM experiences, eh?

mine was when i was playing a league game and random stuff started happening in the 2nd half,1st one,my centre back scored a goal,but the game didn't switch to the game view,i let it pass as i thought it was lag,next off my MC fouls someone gets a yellow card and they magically score a goal,i press the minute the goal happened to see the repeat of the goal and instead it shows me the repeat of the foul,

than my winger scores,but the score doesnt change,than while the game is skipping my OTHER winger scores a goal that again the game skipped,the game ends i press the continue button but nothing happens

i had to exit the game as i could do nothing

Playing as spurs, cant remember what season (2nd or 4th) in FM10. On track to win the league, have APOEL in semi final of europa league. Win first leg away 5-1. 2nd leg play a weakened side and lose 4-0! I went on to win the league and fa cup but APOEL stopped me from the triple!

Probably on this version when my PSG side in the second season battered Inter 8-0 in the quarters of the Champins League first leg. I had 8 shots on target, all of them went in. Inter had more shots on goal than I did and more possession.

similar stuff happened to me

with porto in the 1st season i won 5-0 against bayern at home in the QF of the CL ,but struggled to a 2-2 draw away

against Man City i won 2-0 at home for the Semis of the CL with their keeper getting a 9.6 rating iirc but away i was really lucky to lose by only 3-1 and going through on away goals(i think they had 2 offside goals,:eek: )

that whole season was surprising,i also won 8-0 against benfica on the first game of the season,that was the first season i decided to mess with the tactics instead of leaving everything on default,i thought i was mourinho until i read a story of someone doing the same thing with benfica,and some leading granada to 4th place on the first season :p

Not sure how weird this would be considered but I recently had a penalty given against one of my players when he wasn't anywhere near an opposition player. Ball came into the box, there was nobody there other than my keeper and this defender. He boots it away. Penalty given for foul. Bizarre. They missed, though.

Well, the weirdest thing I recon seeing comes from a match. My brilliant new regen coming from my own academy were on a long scoring streak, seemingly scoring for fun. In this one match (CL against a 4. seeded team) he has this amazing solo run, and dribbles off two players before storming towards the edge of the 6-yard box. A defender meets him far to the left and slides a horrendous tackle that my forward (luckly dodged). And he's free on goal! I were close to standing in my seat when my striker suddenly turned 180 degrees and smashed the ball into the head of the defender that had just tried to tackle him. At least he won us a corner :rolleyes:

I have two, beating chelsea 4-1 with grimsby, will post a screenie soon when not on smartfone.

Second one was as Canada in FM09, staggered through to the last game of world cup qualifying. Lost the first leg 5-0 so handed control to my ass man for the second leg and went on holiday... He won it 7-1 and we went to the world cup! I didn't continue that save as I didn't feel I deserved it!

It has to be on FM10, I was Celtic and made it to the Europa League final after beating the likes of Porto and Tottenham. We faced Standard Liege, the match finished 1-1 and nothing happened in extra time so it went to penalties where unfortunately I lost. I continued the game slightly upset that I hadn't won that match but then I get something in my inbox saying that the Celtic fans were celebrating the victory, hold on! I didn't win... I went on to my fixtures and saw that the game said 2-2 and I won on penalties. I couldn't understand what was going on, I tried to watch the match again but the game wouldn't let me. So I won the Europa League by not winning.

Archived