Always concede in the first 5 or so mins

Out of the last 10 games, I have conceded in under 10 mins for 9 of them. Most of them have been less than 5 mins.

How the hell do I get rid of this problem? As you can imagine, it's a pain.

I am QPR in the Premiership, so not that great a team when compared to the opposition. I usual play 4 2 1 2 1... So pretty defensive. I usually start the game on 'Counter', although sometimes 'defensive' if against a big team.

Any ideas?!

personally i only use counter when defending a lead... the opposition will turn to attack strongly which is when counter should be used...

use control or attack or the start imo... especially since q.p.r are an attacking team really.. defensively a little weak

personally i only use counter when defending a lead... the opposition will turn to attack strongly which is when counter should be used...

use control or attack or the start imo... especially since q.p.r are an attacking team really.. defensively a little weak

There is no issue starting with counter, think of the strategies as how fast the team get the ball forward and how wide they play.

The more attacking you choose the wider you play and the faster the team will look to get the ball to the forwards. The more defensive you choose the more compact the team will play and will look to keep possession more waiting for space to be created.

As for the OPs problem I suspect team talks, which ones do you tend to use?

To be honest, it's never even occurred to me to start a game with either 'control' or 'attack'. I'm a newly promoted team and most teams I play against are better than me. It doesn't seem right to start with one of those two options. But I guess I could give it a go. The only options I use are either 'counter' (thats my usual one) or 'standard' - if I think we are evenly matched against the opposition. What do other people think? Am I going wrong here?

As for the OPs problem I suspect team talks, which ones do you tend to use?

Good question, i quite often start with 'no pressure', as I think we're gonna get a hiding and are playing a bigger team. It quite often says the players are 'relaxed' - could this maybe be the problem I wonder?

To be honest, more often than not I get no reaction whatsoever from the team from my team talk, I have to do individual ones to get any sort of reaction.

Whenever it's a derby I choose 'for the fans' kind of thing and have NEVER had a response from them at all, it seems like that option is completely pointless! Am going onto a different subject now!

Good question, i quite often start with 'no pressure', as I think we're gonna get a hiding and are playing a bigger team. It quite often says the players are 'relaxed' - could this maybe be the problem I wonder?

To be honest, more often than not I get no reaction whatsoever from the team from my team talk, I have to do individual ones to get any sort of reaction.

Whenever it's a derby I choose 'for the fans' kind of thing and have NEVER had a response from them at all, it seems like that option is completely pointless! Am going onto a different subject now!

***Team talks based on FM11, don't know if the options have changed at all***

Thats sounds too relaxed, I would only consider "No Pressure" when playing away at a top 6/8 side when the odds are heavily in your opponents favour. Other away games I would go for "Good Luck" or "You can win" if you think you have a chance with close odds.

At home you have advantage so a step up the list: if odds are firmly against you "Good Luck", "You can win" when you aren't the favourite & "For the fans" when you are. Against a weak team when you are heavily favoured - "Expect a win"

If you have a bad run of form and morale isn't good you could consider going a step down as well.

***Team talks based on FM11, don't know if the options have changed at all***

Thats sounds too relaxed, I would only consider "No Pressure" when playing away at a top 6/8 side when the odds are heavily in your opponents favour. Other away games I would go for "Good Luck" or "You can win" if you think you have a chance with close odds.

At home you have advantage so a step up the list: if odds are firmly against you "Good Luck", "You can win" when you aren't the favourite & "For the fans" when you are. Against a weak team when you are heavily favoured - "Expect a win"

If you have a bad run of form and morale isn't good you could consider going a step down as well.

Interesting, thanks for your feedback.

It's funny, I've often wondered about 'good luck'. In 3D world, I would never for a team talk say 'good luck' to my team. If anything, it's sounds like you're about to get a slaughtering and saying only lady luck can save us! I'll use it more often from now on.

Archived