David Moyes - manager of Liverpool?

In my game he is manager of Liverpool.

I will let this go if there's sufficient evidence to suggest a rival team manager ever took over another rival team managerial role?

I don't think the Liverpool fans would have it?

What do you reckon?

Not familiar with Scottish rivalries? Are you talking about Aberdeen and Rangers? He played for Aberdeen, managed Rangers - not sure it's the same thing here?

His playing and managing years were years apart.

Not sure what rivalry you talk of here though :o

He joined them in 2016.

He left Everton, went to Spurs in 2011. Then he was sacked in 2016. And hired as Liverpool manager in 2016.

I'm not a liverpool fan. I just found it strange.

I would have found weirder than he had gone to Arsenal or Chelsea STRAIGHT from Tottenham, actually.

Everton to Liverpool is nothing, try being these two guys;

Radi Antic (Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid & Barcelona)

Zdenek Zeman - (Lazio & Roma) - Hands up to using wiki to get the coaches name.

and just for giggles, Fabio Capello (Juventus & any other club he managed, everyone hates the old lady)

Yeh that's true.

Just think it's a bit wrong. You've seen players go from Arsenal to Spurs etc. but not sure about managers? Would they do it?

I know Liverpool fans very well, and I know they hate Everton and I know the hatred going on. I know there have been great signings of players from both sides over the years. But to my knowledge the only manager to cross the divide was William Barclay, that was back in the 1890's wasn't it? When Everton split to and Barclay helped form a new team now known as Liverpool FC.

I just don't know. Something doesn't sit right here. With the history and all.

I know Liverpool fans very well, and I know they hate Everton and I know the hatred going on.

Not sure what sort Liverpool fans you know but in the main I've never noticed their rivalry with Everton to be problematic, granted things are less friendly than they were 20 odd years ago but it is certainly not a nasty rivalry.

Hatred was the wrong word. Rivalry is better :)

Don't get me start one Speed, Leeds fan. I have retired no. 11 shirt in my game.

It hasn't happened though since the inception of Liverpool FC. Just found it weird.

Also don't forget Leonardo going from AC to Inter. I think it's rather nice that this is happening in the game, as with players it has often been nearly impossible to sign a player from a minor rival.

Milan and Inter traditionally have a long tradition of doing business with each other, and I do think there somewhat of the exception to the general rule of rival teams not doing business with each other, or at the very least being incredibly reluctant to do so.

One of my favourite transfers in football history is in fact a deal between Milan and Inter, which was the straight swap of Seedorf (going from Inter to Milan) for Francesco Coco. Seedorf was certainly the bigger name at the time, however hadn't enjoyed the best of times at Inter. And Francesco Coco was an up and comer hyped up as being the new Maldini, and many in the know thought that Inter were getting the better of that deal. But history now speaks for itself in the drastically differing fortunes of each player, with Seedorf now a Milan legend (and world football legend for my money), and Coco a flop.

Archived