Players signing for AI club for 6 times less than they would take from me!

I have seen a couple of times in my game where a player signs for another team for less than what they wanted from me, but I just tried to sign M'Vila from Rennais. My £14.5M offer was accepted and he was only on £20k a week so I expected to get him for about £65k a week tops. But no, the lowest he was willing to go was £140k a week after starting at £155k a week. I wouldn't offer more than £85k a week, so I dropped out of negotiations.

Benfica were also in for him and he accepted there offer of £24.5k a week!! I have checked with FMRTE and the only clauses on top of that are 15% yearly wage rise, £700 goal bonus and £2800 game bonus. Also Benfica aren't listed as a favourite team and he doesn't dislike me or my team (Liverpool).

I can understand players having a preferred country to play in a club to play for but this is ridiculous. Why would he play for £24.5k a week when I was offering him 3-4 times that!

The game still seems to be biased to AI in all things transfer related.

Sorry for starting a new thread about this, but I searched the first couple of pages about it and couldn't find it and wouldn;t know what to put in the serach engine to find it.

End of rant! Ta

I am arsenal. There was a player playing for Aston Villa.

I approached to sign him. His Max Asking price was set to 45m. I went for his Min Asking price which was around 35m

I decided not to spend over 40m on this player and go for a cheaper option.

I notice this season Man Utd signed him for 26m

Gutted.

I've brought this up on many occassions! Problem is this.

The computer has a Set SALE value for a player. It will not budge from this value. Yet the AI can undercut this sale value.

This is not the first time this problem has been brought up since FM12 was released.

And I really hope that SI/SEGA allow some sort of Flexible Sale Value in the next issue. Perhaps the Board can randomly be set to accept a bid that is between -20% and + 20% of the asking price. Sometimes they'll accept less than the Sale Value - sometimes they may want a lot more.

But I think the way the game handles it currently is not good enough.

Liverpool's reputation, your reputation and the top earner at Liverpool having that kind of wagebill is likely the reason that he wanted 150k-ish a week. Benfica's reputation and their top earner being one-third of yours was likely the reason he demanded less to go there.

The same goes for the transfer money demands.

That's how the system functions, and it does - sort of - in reality too. The problem is that in reality no sane person would say no to 80k a week to play for Liverpool and then want 25k from Benfica some weeks later.

The only way to bypass the problem of ridiculous wage demands from players who have no business thinking that highly of themselves, is to make sure that the highest earner at your club is paid less than the club's stature would indicate. And most likely the only way to do that is to avoid buying players from the big clubs and rather develop youngsters yourself.

Royston Drenth wouldnt come to me at Wolves, and went to West Ham instead. He wanted stupid wages somthing like 120k a week, but settled on Championship football on I think about 20k a week. WTF Royston, you could have been in the old gold! git!

I think that players should take league reputation into bigger consideration than they do now when they move clubs. As it is now they too often sign for "historically" big clubs on their way down instead of smaller clubs that are on their way up.

Could be that his agent dislikes you. If you've had talks break down with one of his other clients, then that usually means he'll be more of a douche when asking for wages, etc on any other deals.

Archived