we need more options in player conversation screen

A player comes to me telling me hes unhappy that hes not playing first team football, atm, the options are telling him he can leave ( either now, in the summer, or in the next transfer window, or he can go out on loan ), that he will get more first team football very soon, that your the boss and he can like it or lump it, or occasionally, that last time he played, he wasnt very good. Why is there no option to tell them they are a backup player? or if they are a youngish player, that you dont think they are ready to start for the first team just yet?

Atm, theres no middle ground, if i give players a backup status, they shouldnt be threatening to leave because i am treating them like their squad status deems i should be.

Telling tem they're a back-up player, or that they're too young, is just a more polite way of telling them to like it or lump it.

If you think it's unfair or unrealistic that they're complaining in the first place, that's a different matter.

This is probably my main issue with FM2012 right now. I've had a few situations where I was grooming a player to be in the first team the following season, but about half way through the current season he would start complaining about how he wanted first team football and would leave if it wasn't given. He would refuse to go out on loan and wouldn't back down when I was stern, he only wanted first team football or a transfer. His squad status was "backup" and I would have liked to tell him to be patient because he'll be a starter next season (I had decided not to resign the first team player in his primary position) but no option for that type of response exists in the player interaction screen.

I'm not sure if SI would be able to customize the responses based on the players situation, but at the least we should have more options to choose from. I'm thinking about just ignoring their concerns when this scenario happens again and living with the drop in morale, since I'm not able to properly explain the situation to the player.

Archived