Liechtenstein_football_association.png

Full Name Marco Flatz

Date of Birth 29/2/1972

Nationality Liechtensteiner

Languages Spoken German, English, Russian, Hungarian

Description Manager

Reputation Regional

Past Experience Sunday Leaue Footballer

Marco Flatz was born on 29th February 1972. Flatz joined Liechtenstein in July 2016 and has also had spells with FC Smorgon, Balatonelle SE, Wealdstone and Hartlepool United.

Marco Flatz's first venture into management was with FC Smorgon where he was appointed manager in June 2011. Flatz also had a brief spell in charge of Balatonlelle between June 2014 and June 2016.

Flatz has now been in charge of Liechtenstein for three years, having joined Liechenstein in Juliy 2016. Flatz also had a brief spell in charge of Wealdstone between June 2017 and June 2018

Flatz also had a brief spell in charge of Hartlepool United in June 2018.

Flatz has also earned recognition from the footballing community for his achievements: Named Belrusian First League Manager of the Month on two occasions. Named Blue Square Bet South Manager of the Month and shortlisted for Blue Square South Manager of the Season.

Number of Clubs Managed - 4

Number of Nations Managed - 1

Longest Time at a Club - 737 days

Shortest time at a Club - 16 days

Number of Awards Won - 4

Total Career Earnings - €240K

Number of Players Bought - 39

Total Value of Players Bought - €8K

Number of Players Sold - 5

Total Value of Players Sold - €110K

Highest Fee Spent - €8K for Barsee Giah

Highest Fee received -€75k for Jaguaré on 20/6/2016

Total Fees Payed to Agents - €95K

Number of Players Released - 29

Games Played - 214

Games Won - 100

Games Drawn - 36

Games Lost - 78

Goals For - 2392

Goals Against - 326

Goal Difference - 67

Win Percentage 46%

Cup Wins - 0

League Wins - 0

League Promotions - 0

League Relegations - 0

Honours:

[u][b]Season         Club                    National League              Position      National Cup      Continental Competitions Notes[/b][/u]

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290195-The-Jounry-of-a-Liechtensteiner?p=7370039&viewfull=1#post7370039"]2011           FC Smorgon              Belarusian First League      8th           2nd Round         N/A                      Took over 30/6/11[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290195-The-Jounry-of-a-Liechtensteiner?p=7370039&viewfull=1#post7370039"]2012           FC Smorgon              Belarusian First League      2nd           2nd Round         N/A[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290195-The-Jounry-of-a-Liechtensteiner?p=7371230&viewfull=1#post7371230"]2013           FC Smorgon              Belarusian First League      15th          2nd Round         N/A                      Sacked[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290195-The-Jounry-of-a-Liechtensteiner?p=7374098&viewfull=1#post7374098"]2014/15        Balatonlelle SE         Hungarian Division II - West 6th           3rd Round         N/A[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290195-The-Jounry-of-a-Liechtensteiner?p=7386598&viewfull=1#post7386598"]2015/16        Balatonlelle SE         Hungarian Division II - West 3rd           3rd Round         N/A[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290195-The-Jounry-of-a-Liechtensteiner?p=7396010&viewfull=1#post7396010"]2017/18        Wealdstone FC           Blue Square Bet South        3rd           4th Qual. Rnd     N/A[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290195-The-Jounry-of-a-Liechtensteiner?p=7396545&viewfull=1#post7396545"]2019/20        Peterhead FC            Scottish Third Division      10th          N/A               N/A[/url]

2011 - FC Smorgon - Belarusian First League

Squad

Transfers

I took over with Smorgon in 15th position and the squad seriously demoralized.

Belarusian First League - 8th

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Belarusian Cup

After a slightly rocky start to my career we pulled together to go on a 11 match winning run which put us out of danger of relegation and only 5 points off the play-off spot, but unfortunately we couldnt keep it up to challenge for the play-off spot but my main job this season was to save us from relegation so im happy i did that! The Belarusian Cup ended with a bang, a 3-0 defeat at home to Partizan Minsk but the Belarusian cup was never my focus so maybe it was better off getting knocked out because we won the net 7 games on the trot. I felt I did a good job and so did the Smorgon board and they offered me a new contract until 2013.

Star Player

Sergey Traskevich - Finished as our top scorer and will definitely by one we want to hold onto!

The Future

With a new contract until 2013 I plan to stay here for that time at least and go for promotion.

2012 - FC Smorgon - Belarusian First League

Squad

Transfers

Looking to go for promotion! Onwards and upwards!

Belarusian First League - 2nd

Play-Offs

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Belarusian Cup

Ahhhhh so close to promotion, we were well ahead in the play-off but unfortunately we couldn't last and Partizan Minsk punished us, I didnt think we would even make the play-offs but we just scraped over the line in the end. We never dropped below 8th which is great. I tried to bring in a few young players and I got some I have faith in that can eventually take us to the net level. The Belarusian Cup wasnt a main focus again so I wasnt too bothered been knocked out early.

Star Player

Dmitry Dubatovka - He didnt get much of a chance last year but when givin a chance this year he really took it despite not been our best striker.

The Future

I got offered an extension to my contract but I decided to turn it down, my contract is up at the end of this season, if we get promotion ill stay but if we dont I dont think I will stay.

2014/15 - Balatonlelle SE - Hungarian Division II - West

Squad

Transfers

Brand new club with no history and no staff...why wouldn't I go there?

Hungarian Division II - West - 6th

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Hungarian Cup

Things started off a bit bad because it took some time to get everything together but once we got goin we went on a 14 match unbeatin run and some how never rose above 4th in the league which is mad. I brought in a lot of young foregin players because most the Hungarian players interested in us wernt anything special. We could of challenged for top spot if our early season form had of been good enough. We had no problem scoring goals but our defence leaked in goals but im not that worried because most of them are young and will only get better. The Hungarian Cup came a the wrong time for us, as soon as we got knocked out the team gelled, it would of been nice to cause a bit of a stir in the cup but theres always next year!

Star Player

Christ Bombele - Only 20 years old, hopefully we can hold onto him but I honestly cant see him staying here too long, there is a lot of interest in him.

The Future

With our young players I reckon we can really challenge for top spot and promotion next season!

2015/16 - Balatonlelle SE - Hungarian Division II - West

Squad

Transfers

This season was all about going for promotion.

Hungarian Division II - West - 3rd

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Hungarian Cup

Star Player

Alex - Hes a great player, was ever present and had a great season.

The Future

Very disappointing to miss out on the play-offs so I decided to leave, bit rash but sure the more adventure the better.

2017/18 - Wealdstone FC - Blue Square Bet South

Squad

Transfers

Once again newish club no staff and bearly any history, why not?

Blue Square Bet South - 3rd

Fixtures

Positions Graph

FA Cup

FA Trophy

My aim for the season was to avoid relegation and give the club a bit of hope that they would stay up for a few seasons. The start of the season went well and all my new players gelled in fine and the middle of the season was very good but towards the end things didnt go very well but thankfully we had done enough to secure our play-off spot. The FA Cup and the FA Trophy were good, especially the FA Trophy were we were unlucky to get knocked out in the semi-final. All together the season was a good one because we wernt expected to do anything except get relegated.

Star Player

Antnio - Ah our Brazilian, I dunno why he signed for us, he is way too good for our club but im not complaining.

The Future

The board announched that they will be building a new stadium, and they offered me a new contract which I turned down because bigger teams wanted me and Hartlepool offered me the job which I took but decided to step down a few weeks later.

National Team

Well we lost all our games in the World Cup qualifiers but we went hammered all the time which is progress I guess? We beat San Marino 5-2 and drew with Andorra 0-0 in friendlies, but heres the big one, we beat Kazakhstan 3-1 in the qualifiers for Euro 2020! Which had me dreaming of qualification but alas it was not to be but we didnt finish last due to our huge victory over Kazakhstan so we made some progress, lets hope we can keep it up!

Archived