How do I show the scout's opinion star rating in the squad screen?

On the squad screen, one of the coloumns you can add is Scouts opinion of the players ability, and also Scouts opinion of the players potential, but when I add those coloumns to the squad page it doesn't show any star ratings, but if I add the manager's opinion it shows his opinion fine, just not the scout's opinion, it's just empty.

I realise I can see the scout's opinion by clicking on the report, but I also want to see the star ratings on the squad screen, it's always blank even though the scout has scouted them at some point. As the optinon is there to add that to the squad screen, then why doesn't it show the stars after adding the coloumn?

Yes you're right, they are from the coaches, my bad on that part.

I already have the assistant's star ratings, but as my assistant doesn't have great judging potential then I can't really take what he says seriously.

So why is it then I can add the scout's opinion to the squad screen but not see his opinion star ratings, he's scouted players in the past which i then signed so surely his rating would show?

You can add the scout stars to the squad screen for the purposes of looking at squads other than your own. Scouts report on players not at your club, coaches report on your players.

It is a bit of a shame we can't use our scouts to rate our own players though.

It is a bit of a shame we can't use our scouts to rate our own players though.

A bit? Any member of your staff should be able to give you a rating on any of your players.

It's not just a bit of a shame :p

I do really like having the Potential and Current ability showcased when picking a squad. Lets me follow who's improving etc. It's nice.

How come the International selection of players in your International Squad you can't see the stars? Surely your ass man or coaches would have an opinion on them?

A bit? Any member of your staff should be able to give you a rating on any of your players.

I agree. We should at least be able to get a scout to compile a report on our own players, but it's understandable why we don't get the dynamic coach-type reports from them.

I agree. You should be able to ask your scout to rate your squad, or the scouting pool. An assessment.

Not sure what it would do? Perhaps let you compare the scout rating vs the coach rating. Might give you a different perspective of the current ability or potential ability of a player.

If it's going to do something, it has to add to the value of the game. Otherwise it's just pointless.

Perhaps you could do a comparison of the Scouting Pools assessment of a player vs your Coach Rating.

There is one thing I do not get. And this is probably this would come in.

If an Agent comes to me offering a player. Sometimes I can't get a report, because I've never seen him before.

Perhaps the Agent would be able to come to you with an "independent" scout report. Or perhaps just the "scout report" from his current club.

You could then evaluate a player being offered to you. I find it weird that an agent comes along and says "do you want to buy this - but I don't have any info to give you on him, just make a bid and we'll take it from there..."

That way - if you offer a player to a club - and you've completed an Internal Scout report. The player will be offered to a club who then doesn't have to scout your player.

Because if I'm being offered players without scout reports, I can only hope that the reverse of that is true.

Does that make any sense?

Archived