Just a new idea.

Had an idea that I think could be very useful:

I always find it weird that when I take over a big team (e.g. Man U) that their manager goes to a different club and it just doesn't feel

right. Sir Alex Ferguson would probably not end up at Everton that often...

So could be a feature to play as a manager?

For example, rather than "_______ is new manager of Man U". How about "Sir Alex Ferguson has continued as manager of Man U" and then you could still make all the decisions and everything else that comes in the game, but you would play as SAF...

Just an idea!

This has come up before, and it was shot down.

You could never play as SAF as you would never make the same decisions as he would. You would be playing the game as yourself under a different name.

I cannot think of any positive effect this would have on the game?

I don't see a problem with this being included and to be honest there is no reason why anyone should be against it. If you do not want to use it then don't it really is that simple, personally I would not use it at all I like to build my own legacy.

Maybe have an option to retire the manager you are replacing, and then just use the previous managers name.

In your example, you could use the pre-game editor to make SAF a director of football or something, they never leave, and then play with your manager's name as SAF

I don't see a problem with this being included and to be honest there is no reason why anyone should be against it. If you do not want to use it then don't it really is that simple, personally I would not use it at all I like to build my own legacy.

I'll be the one that decides what I will be for against something? Really strange thing to say in regards what other people would prefer.

Honestly, I think there are far more important things to include, fix, change, alter, rearrange, update etc. in the game, without adding another new feature.

That's my opinion.

I'll be the one that decides what I will be for against something? Really strange thing to say in regards what other people would prefer.

Honestly, I think there are far more important things to include, fix, change, alter, rearrange, update etc. in the game, without adding another new feature.

That's my opinion.

I wasn't posting directly to you, I just find it strange that some people are against ideas being put into the game that change their game or the way they play in no way whatsoever.

I know it wasn't directed at me.

Ok so people want this feature. Tell me how it works and how it affects the game play from what you're accustomed to. Well and good saying "put this into the game" but what is the strategy.

How does this change the current game play and make it better?

Ok so people want this feature. Tell me how it works and how it affects the game play from what you're accustomed to. Well and good saying "put this into the game" but what is the strategy.

It's only a small change and doing something like this won't mean that the ME won't be improved for example. I think the OP has pretty much summed up what the feature would do. That's it nothing more, nothing less. Just a nice little cosmetic feature.

I would not use myself so I have no clue how it would work or why people want it in. All I know is if it was included it would not change anything about my game.

We would need to OP to answer why it would make the game better. I suppose some people do not like the idea of starting at a big club and being themselves. For me I would prefer to be able to include a history of the teams I have played for and the teams I have coached or maybe even youth/reserve teams I have managed before joining my team of choice.

How is it a small change? How does it work? What happens and makes the game better? What is going on within the game?

Why do you want to play as a 69 year old man? What difference will it make?

If it's only that you have the same stats as him? Or something? What is it that you want to happen?

Maybe have an option to retire the manager you are replacing, and then just use the previous managers name.

In your example, you could use the pre-game editor to make SAF a director of football or something, they never leave, and then play with your manager's name as SAF

This is better than the original idea...

How is it a small change? How does it work? What happens and makes the game better? What is going on within the game?

Why do you want to play as a 69 year old man? What difference will it make?

If it's only that you have the same stats as him? Or something? What is it that you want to happen?

It's a small change because it's a basic naming thing.

It makes the difference that SAF doesn't end up managing a mediocre Prem Team, when he should be managing Man U...

i can't see a problem with this one, if he played as SAF, it wouldn't make the game easier while SAF isn't in the game, it's as simple as results not based on manager on FM.

this problem would be helpful for some people who likes to play in top flight, if it isn't real to use other profile, it's also unreal to manage Man United or good teams as we do lol

i hardly like to play in top flight, usually i like to manage in lowest leagues, but when i would like to manage Tottenham or other clubs, i only like to use Harry Redknapp or Glenn Hoddle names, or people who i like. The main idea you should create your own profile or take another one ''including players over 30+'' .. like if i would like to be Ryan Giggs and manager of Man United or other club, should Giggs removed from Man United and more important if you don't like it, don't use it. But it would create new options, for more fun !

btw there are a lot of things which i hope in net version, but i can see more priorities than this.

Fantasy Manager is not my idea of a fun game from OP

the fantasy is manage average club at first place, never mind Man United, also .. if you are football manager, you wouldn't play FM :D

this kind of things used by EA sports, in FIFA and FIFA manager. Play the game as you wish, for me, long time since i used search or transfer list etc.. never used Fantasy costomed leagues, never used Scout programes, but should we prevent them ? it's as simple as 'Play as you like' :) ..

Archived