bug, my home-grown players are not regarded as such in registration for Champion Cup!

They should count as HG, the problem seems to be this strange "0-21". This does not appear in the regulations and appears to be an invention of SI, I have asked in other threads about this but have had no official clarification. Going by the info. you have provided, Verratti and Sanogo are covered by 18.10 below.

So, (once more):-

Regulations of the UEFA Champions League 2011/12 Regulations

Player Eligibility

Article 18

General provisions

18.08 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season. As a

minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for “locally trained players”

and no club may have more than four “association-trained players” listed on

these eight places on List A. List A must specify at least eight players who

qualify as being “locally trained”, as well as whether they are “club-trained” or

“association-trained”. The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply

with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.

18.09 A “locally trained player” is either a “club-trained player” or an “association-trained

player”.

18.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of

the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during

which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been

registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire

seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant

national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant

national championship) or of 36 months.

18.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the

start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of

the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his

nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs

affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period,

continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.

As you can see both types of "locally trained" players achieve this status between the ages 15-21.

So what is this 0-21, SI?

Post #15 from this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287382-Homegrown-player-status-issue

Are you playing FM12 ?

Because it seems like only you playing FM12 without this problem....

Eh? Who said I didnt have the problem. I asked a simple question FFS. IMO this problem is more common in FM11 so I asked if that was what the OP was playing!

Unless you buy them on the day of their 18th birthday then they won't have had 3 years at your club when they turn 21.

playing FM12.

Yes. That's true.

But what I don't understand is that those players are listed as home-grown in the "home-grown status" list and are counted as home-grown in Premier League registration but not in Champion League. That's weird.

It's a bug. There is no such thing as HG 0-21.

Edit: and yes, if you sign a player who turns 18 the year you sign him (so that he is already 18 if he is born before 1.july), and keep him at your club for three seasons, he will be classified as home-grown at club the season after (the fourth season).

If you sign a player that is 18 but will turn 19 before the year's over, he will not become HG for your club. This can be seen as a blank under the "HG status" column. But if he is from your nation he becomes HG-nation.

IIRC the bug is that if you sign a foreign kid that comes into your team on a youth contract, he will be classed as HG 0-21, a non-existant category that works the same as HG nation in the domestic leagues and cups, but not in Europe.

Edit2: If i did remember correctly, the above thus also counts for Brazilian/Argentinian/Turkish/etc players whom you sign on youth contracts before they can arrive when they turn 18. They will be classified as HG 0-21.

In my FM11 save I had 5 players who had spent their entire career on Sweden & were listed as trained in nation (0-21) on the squad registration screen despite also qualifying as HG-Club but when selected they did not count to the HG quota.

Unfortunately I only came across it a couple of days ago so I saw no sense in reporting it.

I found the way to resolve this problem (I am playing FM11) on these forums by searching. This is one of the many bugs (or bad coding as that is what it really is) in the game and it looks like from this post that the issue remains in the new game FM12.

The problem I think is partly related to this 0-21 nonsense. You have to use a 3rd party application FMRTE - look at the relations tab and change the 0-21 to 15-21. If a player should be Club trained and it is not showing that in his relations then add in the Club trained 15-21 relation.

There is another problem as well when the game works out home grown status. On my current game players I have had from 16 and younger, if they have been sent out on loan a few times when 17-21 it seems to stop counting these loan periods towards Club trained status. I assumed this must be right and to gain HG@Club they would have to remain playing at the Club for a full 3 years to get that status.

But from the wording of the Rules quoted above it seems that these loaned out players should still have HG@Club status set even if they have had loan periods away (surely they are still registered as being permanently contracted to their Club - loans are short term?).

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/9/2/2400428/uefua-champions-league-chelsea-squad-list

This article says that time on loan does not count towards the 36 month rule. I don't know if it is correct.

The rules are clear (post #5) and if Bertrand has not spent the required 36 months at Chelsea then he will not be a "club trained player", if the difference is made up with a loan stint in England then he will be an "association trained player", so the article is right.

This and the "2 years consecutively" for U21s/trainees are stupid rules, in my opinion of course.

Archived