Silly 'my village is on the game' thread

Okay, this isn't particularly surprising, given that the Celtic training ground is based there, but at Aberdeen I just got the lastest group of youth players through, and this guy shows up. Lennoxtown is a very small village and its only claims to fame are the Celtic training ground and that Alex Ferns lived there.

Loving seeing this in FM. Even if he's crap I'm signing him. :D

Also, a tad bizarre that a player from here is recruited by Aberdeen. Lennoxtown is part of Glasgow and therefore he should be recruited by Clyde, Partick Thistle, Celtic or Rangers (roughly in that order) bit weird that a team from the north of Scotland recruits a team from the lower part of Scotland. Or is this part of the whole youth recruitment thing?

Aberdeen have an academy recruitment branch in Glasgow so it's not out of the question. We regularly sign Glasgow based youths for the U19 side before any other club can get them.

Yep, this. In fact, if you look at the younger lads who have come through at Aberdeen in recent years, a great amount of them are from the Glasgow area.

The senior team of a club I played for in Germany made a brief appearance in an older edition of FM, have to admit that I always look to see if old clubs I played for or towns I lived in appear in the game.

Yep, this. In fact, if you look at the younger lads who have come through at Aberdeen in recent years, a great amount of them are from the Glasgow area.

Yeah, I'll put that down to a 5 in the morning brain fart. I usuallly would have remembered that. :D

I usually play a friendly every couple of seasons against lower league German side SC Herford, I played for their B team for a while IRL. Basingstoke is the town I'm nearest to, and they're in the BSS. I'm waiting for the level 14 update to come out so I can play as my true local (village) team, Overton United. I saw an agent based in Whitchurch (Hants), which is the next town across from Overton.

Love seeing stuff like that :D

Caistor... A few miles from the villaige I grew up in and only seems to be in the game for one player, Andy Taylor ex grimsby, bottesford and brigg player who also spent time playing for caistor rovers! Can anyone at SI explain why it was added for him? I can see no reason why at all!

Some of us over in the editors forum love seeing our villaiges in the game so much we add them in and make counties new countries. A guy is currently working on hampshire and I am currently working on Lincolnshire.

I did not know Overton would be in the real game, I have only ever been and played at the rugby club when I played rugby for Winchester.

I personally would love to do a save as Grimsby Boro as they are in the game, sadly market rasen is not as a lot of people I know from school play for them.

My local team below. Not that I've ever seen them play. Think their average home gate is about 40. Given the town's location, I'm surprised they can lure 40!

And also where the great ukelele strumming George took his name from.

My home town is Poole (I suppose I should support them rather than the mighty Cherries...though I do keep a close eye on them) and they are in the game, but I never see them get an outing much. I think I've seen them in the first in game round of the Trophy once. In the real world I watched them win the FA Vase at the old Wembley in 1991. That was a good day.

A huge congregation of people with my surname hail from the Wiltshire town of Downton, and I suppose I'd call it my ancestral home. I think they dropped out of the Wessex Premier a season or two ago and I don't think they're in the game.

Though I live in Flixton (Manchester) now whom are in the game I grew up in Royston near Cambridge and they're in. After I was married many years later we lived in Saundersfoot (SW Wales), sadly they are not in the game but Tenby are in who are just up the road. So I just arranged a game against them.

Falmouth are only in the game if you download a level 11 extension pack thing from the editors forum, like all Cornish teams apart from Truro (10 miles away) who start in the Blue Square South.

Cant understand why Falmouth aint there, they're the only Cornish team to have ever played in the FA Cup First Round :D I'm judging by FM11 btw, where in the editor it says they are extinct, when they are not...

Falmouth are only in the game if you download a level 11 extension pack thing from the editors forum, like all Cornish teams apart from Truro (10 miles away) who start in the Blue Square South.

Cant understand why Falmouth aint there, they're the only Cornish team to have ever played in the FA Cup First Round :D I'm judging by FM11 btw, where in the editor it says they are extinct, when they are not...

Pretty sure St Blazey are in the game; think I set them as a favourite club once.

Heaven knows how far down the divisions the game would have to go for me to play as Illogan AFC. :(

Illogan AFC play in the Jolly's Cornwall Combination League which is level 12.

Golden eagles is working on a level 14 database due for release around xmas if you want to play as your home team here's the link if your interested so you can keep upto date with the progress and for the release date

I know I started this thread but I'm very proud that my new 'home', Guernsey, has their new side in the game. I'm more than willing to load down to their level if anyone knows if it's available. They're apparently doing really well in their league.

Archived