Semi-pro to professional?

I started a lower league game as Basingstoke in the BSS. Any advice on how long it will take to get from semi-pro to professional? Any advice on things I can do to expedite that? I'm finding that I'm not a fan of having part-timers and non-contracted players on my team.

I started a lower league game as Basingstoke in the BSS. Any advice on how long it will take to get from semi-pro to professional? Any advice on things I can do to expedite that? I'm finding that I'm not a fan of having part-timers and non-contracted players on my team.

Get promoted :) ... and have a fairly good economy I think.

It is unlikely that your board will allow you to go Professional in the BSS. In previous versions of FM, when Bath City was in the BSS, I often went professional when i got promoted to the BSP. But I think it depends on the situation and financial stability of your club.

Chuffed that you've gone as Basingstoke, I'm currently having a cracking game with them. Also my hometown team, probably why I'm enjoying it so much.

You will turn pro if/when you get to League Two, as Basingstoke are a relatively poor team in FM. However, I would recommend editing them somewhat before you start (I would if I wasn't four seasons in), because on the game the chairman (Rafi Razzak) is looking to leave at the start of the game, whereas in real life he has just this week unveiled plans to demolish The Camrose and build another stadium with good training facilities, etc.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the game with them. League Two will turn you pro, unless you have an immensely impressive cup run.

Archived