How long can it last?

So I have just guided Fleetwood Town to back-back-back promotions and will now be in League 1 for the 2013/14 season. I unexpectedly won the BSP, winning at a canter and have now seemingly brushed aside League 2 to go up as Champions. My initial game plan was to try and push for a play off place in the BSP; but ended up widely exceding my own exectations and winning the league. Next season I expected a season long battle, and hoped for a mid table finish at best, and now I find myself finishing top with League 1 next season.

All this has been done on a shoe-string budget, as you would expect; with me not laying out a single penny on a transfer fee over the two seasons and living well beyond my means in so far as the wage budget is concerned. Due to me stretching every penny out of the wage budget to try and bring some players of notable quality the club has been losing around £130k a month and now sits £1.2m in the red as I end my second season (haven't received any end of season payments as of yet).

Due to an overriding ability to score goals on the pitch thanks to Jamil Adam (BSP and L2) and Febian Brandy (L2) amongst over players has seen my side considerably over achieve I feel. I have only a handful of players I feel will cut it at L2 (Adam, Brandy, Petrucci, Magno Vieria, Larnell Cole, Oliver Norwood) so I will need to regenerate the side for a third successive season. My defence leaks goals and always has done, and with little or no money to spend I will no doubt be looking at freebies and loan signings.

My initial plan was to move on to a bigger club as soon as I could, but have developed an affection for the team now; so don't know what to do. I think I have already taken the club as far as I can, and will not be able to live on such a pittance no more; and with the clubs finances spiraling out of control I can't see a future. My two options are really;

1) Jump ship and find a club with bigger and greater potential.

2) Stick it out and hope my good fortune continues, in pursuit of the financial of gold that is the PL

Not sure that winning the BSP with Fleetwood Town should count as "unexpected". They're the richest club in the division by some distance.

Still, you're doing a cracking job. Try and take them past near-neighbours Blackpool.

take them all the way. get al bangura from forest green... he'll follow your team up to champ. the BEST lower league DM

Looks to be a good player. He will cost money though!

The board seems content in injecting cash; just received a £475k injection.

you can get him for 50k-100k i reckon. a great development player though, i duno why hes at forest green, im forest green atm and hes way beyonf anyone else so ive my teama round him and we're unstoppable (we were in the relegation zone when i took over).

Hmm, I'd love to be able to send that kind of money on a player at the moment; dont think I'm going to be able to stretch to that. Just brought in Marco Matterazzi for the last two games of the season on a free; he's 39 but still looks good as long as he doesn't have to run

Archived