Manager Reputation

So I started unemployed with sunday league status. amazingly got my first job with Nimes Olyimpique in the French National but the team was a shambles a beyond repair and promotion was a long long way away, we're talking a season of building before competing. So i left after two months and went to Boston Utd in the blue square south... they were in the same position but wanted promotion despite havent a mediocre team and i didnt like get a connection with them so i left after 2 months and got a great gig with Ghana taking the "unders 23's" to the olympics and managed to make it to the semi-final before being knocked out by spain who went on to win it and i beat ivory coast for third place... my reputation is still regional... WHY?! I'm now plying my trade with Forest Green in the Blue Square Prem which im enjoyijng a lot actually, just got them out of the relegation zone and ive signed some awesome youngsters like Helan, Benali and Amoo who are tearing it up...

While thats great, i wanna manage in the football league. what can i do to improve my rep that doesnt involve winning a title?! im just annoyed cos id have thought after ghana and the olympics that my rep would have gone national.

I can't name any manager of any u23 or u21 national team. Not even if that manager kept wining titles. So personally I can easily see why your rep is still only regional despite you having won a few games with some African u23 team. Titles is what counts.

im in my second season.

I put "under 23's" because those are the rules but this is the same standard of team that GB are taking to olympics. there isnt a "senior side" competing at the olympics. I had all under 23's and then my 3 allowed over's were Asamoah Gyan, Prince Boateng and the keeper who is unkown. How do i go from managing world class players against a team full of players like Iker Casillas, Bojan and Iniesta aswell As Hernandez, Giovanni Dos Santos, Rooney, Gareth Bale to then managing in the Blue Square Prem.

It take years to build a reputation, and doing well in the international arena won't increase your reputation in England. Win titles, win Manager of the Month/Year, sign high-profile players and staff, become popular with the fans and media.

I won L2 and L1 with Bradford, but the only teams offering me a job were two mediocre Russian teams. This takes time. You have a total of maybe one year of English management experience... what do you expect?

hmm... okay cool, cheers. will just have to try and win the league with Forest Green then!

So you reckon if i make an arse of myself with the media i might become more popular? ;)

I don't know, I barely say anything to the media :p - but it is likely that having good relationships with lots of reporters will increase the chances of speculation going your way.

Archived