Is blue and while just an incredibly common colour or the "who gives" colour?

Maybe I just haven't had a good look at obscure sides before, but I'm noticing a trend. It seems that the vast majority of obscure teams are just given a generic darkish blue and white colour scheme with a blue home shirt and white away. I noticed this whist see the teams promoted from the Hungarian Lower leagues.

The first example I found was Balmazujvaros FC who start the game in the Hungarian second tier. Whilst their colours are orange and black their have a generic blue and white colour badge and colours, they were lucky enough though to have their orange and black kit. Diosd TC also had this colour scheme (as did DEAC, but they actually ware blue as far as I can remember).

So, I went on a little look around. I'm facing a side in Georgia in the Champions League qualifiers and they have this same colour scheme, along with more than a fifth of the nation!

So, is this just the generic we either couldn't find the actual colours or really care colour scheme?

Additionally I can confirm that every team from Zanzibar, South Sudan, American Samoa and in fact the vast majority of the lowest ranked nations all have this colour scheme. Hmmm...

Yep, it's the generic setting for a team with no kit or colours actually set in the db. If you actually play these teams, their home kit is all white and their away kit is all black. Gets very boring after a while (I spent two seasons as diosd tc manager).

• 8 months later...

Haha that's brilliant, I'm actually having a similar issue managing Diosd TC where sometimes the opposition plays in the same generic dark blue as my team! SO frustrating in the 2D match view... I've played against Bonyhád and Bátaszék, both times completely identical kits!

Archived