How long do you manage a club?

How long do you manage a club?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you manage a club?

• 1 season | I like to change clubs.
    • 2 - 3 seasons | Then I get bored and it's time for a change.
    • 4 - 5 seasons | I like to win everything with the club I manage.
    • 6+ seasons | What can I say? I want to be new Alex Ferguson :D

All depends on how i feel at the particular club im managing.

ATM on FM12, i spent a couple of months at Darlington, then near 18 months at Bury (got them promotoed and left half way through the season at the top) and then i holidayed for a 2/3 years and am at Ajax just over a year, am loving it so far so will more than likely stay for a few years and then move on.

"i spent 38 seasons at Aberdeen in FM11, 9 so far this version, im hoping to beat last years total."

That's a loyal manager :applause:

I tend to start my long term save the day the game comes out and mostly play that until the next one comes out, ill no doubt take a break from it at some point and start a new one but ill go back to it after a month or so when the save feels fresh again.

Depends on the success I'm having (or not, as the case may be). Although I ws enjoying the game and would liked to have stayed there for a long time, I left Wolves after three years to take over at Tottenham. I don't regret it at all. I don't like to aim to stay in a job for a specified length of time; it just depends on the circumstances at the time and what other jobs interest me.

Is there a limit on how long you can stay at the club, or in the game, do you ever die in FM!? :confused: Or are you like Chuck Norris, immortal??? :lol: Has anyone ever tried to research this? This would be interesting :)

Someone on another fm forum simulated 200 seasons. You can never die in the game so you can go on as long as you want... until the savegame becomes to big :D

Is there a limit on how long you can stay at the club, or in the game, do you ever die in FM!? :confused::lol: Or are you like Chuck Norris, immortal??? :lol: Has anyone ever tried to research this? This would be interesting :)

After you reach 100 you never get any older, but the game never retires you, you just stay 100 years old from that point onward.

Someone on another fm forum simulated 200 seasons. You can never die in the game so you can go on as long as you want... until the savegame becomes to big :D

The size of the savegame kills you basically :lol: LOL I never went over 20 years, I don't see the point after that, all the real young players retire, and really I don't like playing with regens so much.

How do you know this? How long have you been playing the game with Aberdeen?? :)

Haha sadly i give up when a new version of the game comes out, so getting past 40 seasons is hard, i'm one of those who cannot not play the new version as soon as it comes out, but i have seen people play for over a 100 years and eventually you just stop getting older in the game. Basically the only thing that stops you going forever is the size the save becomes eventually and the computer your playing it on. After 30 or so seasons my game takes about 3-4 minutes to load and about the same again to save.

My current save:

Forest Green Rovers: 2 years

Crewe: 3 years

Huddersfield: 4 years

Sheff Wed: 4 months

Derby: 5 minths

Ipswich: 2 years

Newcastle: 2 years

Sunderland: 1 week :o

Chelsea: 3 years (still in charge)

Also managed internationally with:

USA under 23's: 6 weeks