How do you hate to win a game by?

Back in FM2011, it was so common that when a opponent's goalkeeper sends a goal kick to midfield, your midfielder will just head it and it becomes a perfectly weighted through ball to your striker.

I thought it was solved in FM2012, but it happens quite a lot still. And I dislike it when that is my winning goal.

Also dislike it when I have to win via a corner because scoring from corners seem a little common as well, even with default.

i don't like winning against incompetant AI which could not turn the match in their favour even they were meant to be favourties.. AI can't read the situations doesn't have the instincts that human managers have, doesn't bother to make interesting tactical changes.. AI can never surprise me.. and I hate myself moaning how good i am , against weak AI..

I restart any game where the goalie is vs a striker and the goalie has 20/30 yard advantage over the striker but goes walking pace and is beaten to It, hate winning and losing to It.

Pretty sure I have read somewhere on here that this is due to the match engine representation of the game. While you may see the keeper 30 yards nearer the ball than the striker, the ME knows this isn't the case so has to have one player move slowly or stay still, until they get to the correct positions.

Pretty sure I have read somewhere on here that this is due to the match engine representation of the game. While you may see the keeper 30 yards nearer the ball than the striker, the ME knows this isn't the case so has to have one player move slowly or stay still, until they get to the correct positions.

I'm surprised people still come out with this. Even if it is true, the user doesn't watch the match engine calculations, the user watches how the 3D portrays it. So regardless of why players inexplicably slow down or don't react to the ball, that is what we have to watch and form our analysis on. If I watch a striker reach a ball first when he is twice as far away as the defender, I think "why the hell didn't you get there first?!", not "oh it's okay, the striker was actually closer, it was just misrepresented".

I'm surprised people still come out with this. Even if it is true, the user doesn't watch the match engine calculations, the user watches how the 3D portrays it. So regardless of why players inexplicably slow down or don't react to the ball, that is what we have to watch and form our analysis on. If I watch a striker reach a ball first when he is twice as far away as the defender, I think "why the hell didn't you get there first?!", not "oh it's okay, the striker was actually closer, it was just misrepresented".

I'm not saying it's acceptable. It just makes sense to me as I never noticed any slowdown while watching the game in 2D mode last year until I got a new computer capable of running 3D without juddering and I switched.

Thank you. I have to say they way that some if the moments in match are represented make me wanna go back to straight commentary only. I would get considerably less annoyed if the 3D 'represented' things better.

I dunno if I can say I hate this but whenever I win from a goal off of a corner it feels sort of like a cop out. I generally am less happy when I end up relying on my 6'4" CB for goals instead of my forwards who are each being paid upwards of 90,000 a week.

Its kinda funny though. My big CB I have attack the far post (I have corners set on mixed) and I can go entire match with my corner kick taker aiming at the near post. Then he'd decide to send one to the fair post in the 91st minute and I'd win 1-0.

Archived