Sometimes I wish I can scream at my players, "STOP BLASTING THE BALL FROM 35 YARDS",

Especially Cristiano Ronaldo.

I mean, seriously. Everytime he gets the ball at the edge of the left wing, he just sends the ball wide or into the orbit. Takes 10 long shots and 1 goes in. (Realistic, I know).

But the rest of my players too. When I get a break away and it's 4 of my strikers against 2 defenders, the one running with the ball at the wing just have to dribble and blast the ball from 30 yards, instead of actually running and sending a drilled cross. WTF?

The players are probably waiting to scream back "Give us better orders then" ;)

Anyhow on a serious note if you want some tactical advice you'll need to to give us an idea of your formation, player roles/duties, team instructions etc or maybe upload a screenshot.

I do a 4-2-3-1. DLP BWM IF AM W CF.

I'm fine with them trying from distance, but the awful thing is when they are passing the ball around midfield and all of a sudden my AM just sends the ball into orbit.

And also when your Winger/IF attempts a long shot from a distance at an angle. Seriously. Dribble the god damn ball or pass it around.

All my longshots are set to seldom. Hate long shots.

Nani is unmanagable in FM because of this. Even with creative freedom set low and long shots set to "rarely" all he does is blast it goalwards.

It's especially annoying with players who never, ever score that way but keep doing it. You'd think they might learn.

How does creative freedom affect long shots? If I set it to high, it'll be more often? most of my mentality are the default attacking.

And yeah I tried. But I guess it's CR7's nature to just keep sending those balls into the crowd until he actually hits one.

How does creative freedom affect long shots? If I set it to high, it'll be more often? most of my mentality are the default attacking.

And yeah I tried. But I guess it's CR7's nature to just keep sending those balls into the crowd until he actually hits one.

Creative freedom is how much the player will stray from your orders and do his own thing, some players do have a tendency to do certain things and you've identified that one of CR7's is taking shots.

What are your IF, AMC, WG & CF set on - supporting? Attack? Also what about your team orders, what tempo do you tend to play at? Counter? Control? Standard? Attacking? etc

The problem you have is all four have a high starting position and with attack orders will look to move forward & pass forward. The result is very little space to pass the ball around in and ultimately you'll end up with one of them taking a long shot when the opposition stay behind the ball.

Also have a long at their PPMs. Pretty sure Cristiano Ronaldo has shoots from distance. I know Nani has. So they will do it anyway

Yeah but in real life, they both have more to their game than long shots. To be fair, the FM Ronaldo does a lot more than just shoot from distance. But when you take long shots away, Nani does nothing else in the game. In reality he's no Ronaldo, but he's still an effective player.

Yeah but in real life, they both have more to their game than long shots. To be fair, the FM Ronaldo does a lot more than just shoot from distance. But when you take long shots away, Nani does nothing else in the game. In reality he's no Ronaldo, but he's still an effective player.

Yeah, with Nani it does screw up his game somewhat, still fairly effective in game. But he makes me want to reach through the screen and smack him round the back of his head

Tbf the real version tends to have the same effect at times :D

Even the real life Nani is reasonably selective about his long shots, most of the time. I say "most of the time" because I'll admit he is a bit unpredictable. Problem is the FM version is wholly predictable. If he can shoot, he will shoot.

Even the real life Nani is reasonably selective about his long shots, most of the time. I say "most of the time" because I'll admit he is a bit unpredictable. Problem is the FM version is wholly predictable. If he can shoot, he will shoot.

Yeah, not really disagreeing here. I think he can be a very frustrating player at times in reality but he makes up for it with his moments of brilliance.

BTW, the way shoots from distance PPM works is it increases the long shot setting by one notch. Basically if you set Nani to shoot rarely the actual setting that applies is 'sometimes'. If he shoots very often regardless there must be other factors affecting this.

Yeah' date=' not really disagreeing here. I think he can be a very frustrating player at times in reality but he makes up for it with his moments of brilliance.

BTW, the way shoots from distance PPM works is it increases the long shot setting by one notch. Basically if you set Nani to shoot rarely the actual setting that applies is 'sometimes'. If he shoots very often regardless there must be other factors affecting this.[/quote']

throw in only decent decision making and teamwork, and a huge amount of flair, and off he goes running into shooting position. its annoying becuase he gets into great positions for a killer pass.

14 goals and 14 assists isnt bad, but when you realise the positions he gets into, it could be so much better assist wise

John Fleck.

I bought him with every intention of making him my first choice AMC, but he's the same. He's got some brilliant stats, but he does it all the time, he was sold for an inferior (yet miles more productive) player.

Archived