EPL 30 Points - The new 40

Have played a lot of seasons now in this years FM and in every single one a team has not went down with 36 points and most of the time its around 30.

The "Form" of teams in this years game is so streaky. Teams go through massive bouts of not winning which i agree does happen in real life but no way 7 - 10 teams do it!

I would say this is the easiest FM to stay up in the EPL after promotion by far.

Thats alot higher than whats happening in my game. I like bringing up teams and having a challenge to stay there the 1st season, this is no longer possible. The money for transfers, the easy point total and poor AI squad building makes its a foregone conclusion that you will stay up.

About to load some screens.

I'm not playing in England but the league is active. In 3 seasons the team in 18th has had 35, 35 and 37 points so not far off the 40 points that is usually taken as being enough.

Having said that, after 26 games in the current season, the team in 18th only has 19 points. Already 8 adrift of the team in 17th.

Its maybe only coincidence that its happened on my saves then.

Still feel though that in the big leagues its not an "Anyone can beat anyone on the day" sort of structure to it.

Lets just say if i was picking my saturday coupon with FM fixtures id be alot richer!

Lets just say if i was picking my saturday coupon with FM fixtures id be alot richer!

LOL i wish! Does seem to be the case that around 30 points keeps you in the PL on FM. Just started my 3rd season with United and in the 2 previous seasons 27 and 32 would of been enough to stay up.

I was given odds of 5000-1 to win the premier league on one of my saves which says ive got a huge relegation battle on my hands. I eventually finished 8th with scalps of all 3 London clubs, Liverpool and Man City.

It was way too easy to stay up and my squad was mainly full of freebies i bought in the off season with my best player probably Lee Cattermole in 2015.

Something is really wrong with the balance inside the game. Im having a clear split of classes it seems.

Theres an Upper Class who beat everyone below them 95% of the time. Man U, Chelsea, Man C, Liverpool etc

A Middle class who can draw rarely with Uppers and beat everyone else. Sunderland, Blackburn, Fulham etc

And a Lower Class who can draw rarely with the Middle Class and battle between there selves. Cardiff, Ipswich, Stoke etc

barclayspremierleagueov.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The good teams only drop points really when they come up against their own class. My efforts with Everton will be in vain if 80 points can only get you 6th! Game needs to be looked at as there must be problems here!

Something is really wrong with the balance inside the game. Im having a clear split of classes it seems.

Theres an Upper Class who beat everyone below them 95% of the time. Man U, Chelsea, Man C, Liverpool etc

A Middle class who can draw rarely with Uppers and beat everyone else. Sunderland, Blackburn, Fulham etc

And a Lower Class who can draw rarely with the Middle Class and battle between there selves. Cardiff, Ipswich, Stoke etc

The good teams only drop points really when they come up against their own class. My efforts with Everton will be in vain if 80 points can only get you 6th! Game needs to be looked at as there must be problems here!

Isn't this a description of reality? In any case, the upcoming patch will fix the form streaks, both the good and bad ones. Check out the latter two pages on the "Difficulty" thread.

Isn't this a description of reality? In any case, the upcoming patch will fix the form streaks, both the good and bad ones. Check out the latter two pages on the "Difficulty" thread.

Sounds pretty realistic to me :D

Archived