I just got offered £500 for a keeper with 3 Champions League clean sheets this season...

...an 18 year old no less! What a joke! That is honestly disgusting on many levels! Sure, I'm not going to accept that, but really... What the hell is wrong with the transfer AI?! Maybe I should have a cheeky £200 pop for Messi?!

Additional information:

- He signed for £2k only 6 months ago

- Has played every match since he signed

- Is on a 5 year deal with an option for a 6th

- Has kept 15 clean sheets in 36 games this season with an average rating of 7.10

No combination of that should end with a £500 bid

Reject it then.

Of course I rejected it, although maybe the:

Sure, I'm not going to accept that, but really... What the hell is wrong with the transfer AI?!

...was a little too subtle...

Really, is this sort of ridiculous bid okay to you? It isn't going to affect what I'm doing, but its kind of worrying that the transfer AI acts in this manner.

I got a message that chelsea had made a bid for one of my regen strikers...when i looked at it they offered to take him off me for free.

10 goals in 21 appearances for a 18 year old. that made me mad but i ended up selling him to man city for 2.3 mil with a buy back clause of 5 mil

Was sad to see him go but i'd rarther he develops at a good club and see how he turns out and maybe get him back later

...an 18 year old no less! What a joke! That is honestly disgusting on many levels! Sure, I'm not going to accept that, but really... What the hell is wrong with the transfer AI?! Maybe I should have a cheeky £200 pop for Messi?!

Additional information:

- He signed for £2k only 6 months ago

- Has played every match since he signed

- Is on a 5 year deal with an option for a 6th

- Has kept 15 clean sheets in 36 games this season with an average rating of 7.10

No combination of that should end with a £500 bid

and yet none of that makes any difference.

The real question is what is the players value and why haven't you set an asking price.

The value should depend on all that shouldn't it? Not on some hidden reputation figure in the game.

I fully agree so the problem is not that he got a bid of £500 but how a players' value is calculated.

Why set asking prices if you don't actively intend to sell the player? There's no 'not for sale' asking price as far as I know.

I set asking prices for all my players mainly because the players value doesn't give a fair indication to the AI clubs of what I would sell for. Setting an asking price therefore blocks all the bids that are far below my personal selling price saving me time having to reject them and risking a player becoming unhappy.

Why is there no "Not for sale" asking prices? Well blame all those forum users that argued in the past that it was unfair that the AI could say "Not for sale" in previous version - FM6/7/8?

Archived