Small, otherwise insignificant things which actually DELIGHT you?...

I notice a lot of people complain about this game, but I guess that's because football is such a passionate game that we can't help but get wound up and riled by it.

So I thought it might be fun to start a counter-thread to the other popular one I see floating around here, and talk about the 'little things' we love about FM, if that's ok?...

I'll go first (obviously), and maybe you guys will add some more.

Something I've seen quite often already, which always makes me smile is this line of commentary (the team name is just added to complete the line/make sense):

"Arsenal's fans look on with grim faces..."

Always makes me smile, when it's the opposition :D

Struggling on this one yet every day I load up FM, could this game be the worlds most dangerous & addictive product? FM mainly offers pain & annoyance yet we all keep coming back for more in the hope of getting that one glorious high.

Not at all insignificant, but transfer budget day. Especially when it's the start of your second season and you had no money the previous season, seeing how much you get is always highly anticipated. It was even better on the old versions when this was also new regen day, but it's probably best that they spread out the excitement.

When you're watching a player run with the ball and you're thinking "pass.. pass.. okay, pass it now.. seriously, pass it now.. aaagghhhh you're an idiot, he's in acres of sp-- oh, you've scored. Well done lad."

When you're watching a player run with the ball and you're thinking "pass.. pass.. okay, pass it now.. seriously, pass it now.. aaagghhhh you're an idiot, he's in acres of sp-- oh, you've scored. Well done lad."

That made me laugh. Happens all the time :D

(why DO I find myself screaming at pixels on my monitor?)

Reorganizing my first team squad after the season gives me a stupid feeling of power and authority, which I enjoy a lot.

Moving those who are not worthy of being in my squad to the reserves and transfer listing them, assessing my young ones too see which ones could go on and play with the 1st team next season. Stuff like that.

Feels like starting over fresh

A 20-year-old you've signed in the summer with the intention of using only as back-up as he develops, scores a screamer on his first start, then scores another five goals in five games, making himself undroppable. This has happened to me. He's not even a striker.

I love how the journalists begin to develop great respect for you if you talk to them enough.

Also: The betting odds at the start of the season, flares and how the chairman tells you to ignore the media questioning your previous experience when you start at a big-ish club!

1. Seeing an injured player and physio watch the action, as their heads turn to follow the ball.

2. Reaching out for the ball as it flies toward me in director cam view.

3. Building my LOI Bray Wanderers and wondering what the people of Bray would think of my moves.(I'm in the US).

Archived