Saved game corrupted.

Hi,

I still have the problems with FM12 crashing because, presumeably, there is still this persistant problem with FM12 and my AMD Athlon graphics card. However, recently, it crashed and a blue screen appeared. It said it was corrupted and needed to 'remove' some 'information'. This has happened before but now everytime I try and load my game (which I have played for weeks on end) it now says it is corrupted. Everytime I try and load the game it says 'Saved game coould not be loaded'. Any suggestions?

Chris.

This happenend to me in FM2009 and I couldn't find a solution. This ultimately led me to stop playing that installment of the game as I had spent a lot of time on the save, only to lose it.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to fix it, however, I may be wrong and someone else may have a suggestion.

Only thing that has ever worked for me when a save game has corrupted is to locate the game file in the appropriate folder on your C: Drive (via My Documents), right click on the game file and select Properties. Depending on the version of Windows youre running and whether you have restore points activated on your machine, you will hopefully have a Previous Version tab, which when you click on it will give you a list of previous version of that game file in date order. Click on the most recent one, and it should roll back to a previously healthy point.

You may find that you've lost a few games worth of data, depending on how old the previous version is, but its not a massive price to pay for getting your game back.

Dave,

There's been a problem linked to the AMD athlon graphics card - particularly prominent in new computers. Many of us are waiting for a patch to be developed.

Neilus,

Just tried that but unfortunately my saved game back up file dates back to three weeks ago and I had progressed way beyond that point. It's a good idea, it seems, if your computer has backed itself up regularly.

Anyone else with any ideas?

Archived