How many of you have under-achieved or been relagated in fm12

I'm in the top division with Eger... 7 games into the championship and have 2 draws. Seems I may be on my way out.

Strange, cause I bought 2 good players upon promotion and used the same tactic (strolled through league 2). So I can safely say I'm struggling yes (as it should be). But then again I'm no good at the game anyway.

I once got relegated doing the Christmas challenge. Took over Wigan with 6 points, and ended with a pathetic 15. The worst I have ever done as I normally exceed media predictions comfortably.

In that file I did go on to world domination with wigan but thats irrelevant.

That half-season of getting thumped week in week out was one of the most exciting ever. It was basically the only file I've had in the last few FMs where I have paid undivided attention to every second of the highlights, and was basically cheering every time I won a throw-in, never mind scored a goal.

I set up another Christmas Challenge this year but it was gonna give me Wigan again, and i didnt bother starting from scratch

You don't hear enough about relegation on these forums. I think a relegation thread where people shared their experiences of relegation battles, whether they survived or not, would be a great idea.

I often get into relegation battles, as I play with LLM rules :)

In FM12, with my current save, I've yet to under-achieve (media expectations at least), but I have been relegated once. I bounced back and I've been mid table for the last three or four years. Halfway through my current season I'm potentially in a relegation battle again, although I'm three or four places above the drop zone, I'm only three points clear, it's a tight competition.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have it in me to see a relegation battle through. Can't remember ever bothering with a full-on relegation battle since CM97/98 with Barnsley in the Premier League. We stayed up. The 12/13 year old me was good! :)

This is like a mirror opposite of the thread I started asking if it was possible to over-achieve with any club.

And on that note: I reckon I could get Spurs relegated, whilst trying my best to do well. Hence why I've made a conscious decision to never ever manage them again. It just hurts too much.

I was relegated twice in my first season!

At the start of the game I took over managerless Skarp in Norway. They were some way adrift and I took them to the brink of safety, so I have to be a bit pelased with that. I felt partly responsible for them going down. In the last but two game we had a chance of going above our closest rivals. I told the players I expected them to win, I believe (a while ago now), and they got nervous and put in the most dire performance I had seen all season.

After quitting as Skarp manager I took the reins at Kettering Town. They weren't doing too well in the Conference Premier and I struggled the whole rest of the season resulting in relegation. I don't think we ever looked like staying up.

I don't think I'll get relegated from the BS North. It'll make a nice change.

The finances are a bit scary though. It'll be a tough next year if I go up. Relegation three would be a big possibility then.

I had many a titanic epic relegation battles in FM11 in Sweden but i always managed to get the team safe at the end of the season (its become my speciality).

FM12 I start as i mean to go on taking over Vasteras IK Who looked doomed but again i saved them finished 7th

Me and my friend have started a 2 player career game hes Ballymoney in Northern Ireland and my mate got a job before me. Finally Cambridge City came for me and were 18th in the Evo Stick league they were in trouble and at the moment im sitting in 4th and my mate is 8th after going great guns hes slipping and im climbing the table. my wage budget was -567 in the red and now its - 236 in the red. We are both wondering if we will both be at the clubs next season as both our board are wanting 2nd...

Archived