Why are Liverpool top of the sponsorship table every year on my game?

I don't understand it. I've solidified Manchester United as the most prestigious club in Europe (in 2017), yet Liverpool are earning £15m more than me from sponsors every season.

Did the Liverpool researcher get excited when he heard Liverpool's deal with Standard Chartered was the same as United's with AON? If so, that's because AON didn't agree a deal for sponsorship of the training shirts, which DHL later agreed a £40m deal for.

The Deloitte Money League 2011 says that Manchester United make 99.4m euros from commercial deals compared to Liverpool's 75.8m euros. So yes, why are they earning more on this game?

Sponsorship doesn't seem to change much based on reputation either. I've had 2 promotions with sheffield wednesday and i'm still making about the same amount with sponsorship in the premier league (about £750k a season!!!) as I was in league one.

Ive asked the same question in the Man Utd data issues thread. Im in 2019 now so all the debt is paid but every year since the start of the game Liverpool always generate more in sponsorships which is just plain BS.

At the start of the game we have around 20 sponsorships set up in the editor and most if not all are set to be renewed when they expire. I used FMRTE in 2018 to check the sponsorships and we only had about 9. I checked Liverpool's and they also had around 9. So my question was, does the game even allow 20+ sponsors to be included? If we have 20 set to renew at the start of the game, shouldnt we still have 20 throughout the game? Especially when your still winning? Maybe the deals do renew the first time because thats already set in the editor, but do they renew after that?

Even so, doesnt explain why even from the very first season it say Liverpool generate more. Ive also asked about the debt in the thread aswell. Once again its massively out. By around £100m this year! But as usual, the researcher 'kop's a def'un' to anything debt/finance related and wont explain why. Good job an editor comes with the game!

Sponsorship doesn't seem to change much based on reputation either. I've had 2 promotions with sheffield wednesday and i'm still making about the same amount with sponsorship in the premier league (about £750k a season!!!) as I was in league one.

dont worry about it, think it takes a while to get a change, last year with werder i was winning the league most years some years the cup and usually getting to cl final not always winning, my sponsers only moved up slightly on renewal, after a while though my kit sponser improved dramatically in one go.

on original point, i just seen this in preseason 2015 and was a bit shocked :/

Well if the researcher cannot explain it, people in here will do even less unfortunately.

Maybe they genuinely dont know, but I have offered a possible reason as to why its happening but still no reply. Doesnt explain the silence on the debt though. Every year its wrong and every year the researcher ignores complaints about it and wont even comment on why he believes it to be what he sets it as. Latest figures show that its around £100m out. A small bit fair enough but £100m is a bit of a joke. Considering even if you were to take the financial info from the end of last season, its still far more accurate than what has been entered. No need for it really.

• 1 month later...

Im playing online with my friend. Im arsenal he is liverpool. Like Revzman said in fist post, after season or 2, my friend is getting big big money 2 spend. 75m from sponsors? I was killing him in first few seasons, but now, when he gets so much money, year after year, he has best team in the world and he is winning every game,except when he is playing against me.

For example, i get 500k from my secund sponsor, and he gets 75m from his secund sponsor. If this would happen in real life, im interested how long they will have that sick good deal?

Anyone here played with liverpool 5+ seasons? Are they getting this much money later in the game,2?

Archived