Loan System

TGP

The loan system in the game really needs an upgrade. My york city team was just promoted to the championship and i cant get anyone on loan. The same players i was able to get as a league 1 side now reject me and some of them are even going to league 2 sides instead of starting for me in the championship. I know im not predicted to survive relegation but cmon, its a chance to start games instead of sit on the bench of a reserve side! For young players who need 1st team action to develop i should have been a much better spot than i was being given credit for in the game. I could understand why they wouldnt want to transfer but not even taking a short term loan seems wrong.

I experienced the same problem. The players that I was able to get on loan in League 1 will no longer join and that majority of teams wants close to £1M fee for players to join on loan. It made it virtually impossible for me to acquire any good loan players (in fact I only signed 1 on loan and he was very average).

My best tip to get loan players in The Championship is to set the maximum age to 19, try there, then 18 etc. 20-year-old PL players have too high reputation for most Championship sides and their clubs demand money and wages for any loan move. In my experience they only demand their wages paid in full if the youngster is young enough, and as a side effect his wages will be within reach also.

This also means that it is difficult getting real quality loanees for newly promoted league one sides. Your best shot is 17-18 year old supertalent newgens, but this is of course random for each game.

markbrown.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This guy I managed to loan for free. He is already a good CH player and can be a leading PL player in the future, and is my highest CA striker.

I think Championship sides have to start paying loan fees.

Now your rep is higher, the loaners think they won't be getting first team football with you, so they go for a lower rep team in L2.

I'm guessing you need to aim higher quality and more expensive.

this is part of the issue with the game. i should be able to tell him clearly that he is going to be starting for me.

Archived