SK Vard Haugesund - Give the Youth a Chance - FM12 Version

Dune297

I don't know how many people remember the past version of this save, but I'll go over a brief history. I began this save in early August hoping to be successful in what turned out to be an amazing and totally entertaining save. I got attached to the team; the players, the staff, and even the board. At the end of my third season, I was finally promoted from the third level of Norwegian football. Considering there was only one promotion spot in the Second Division Group 3, I considered this a good success. My key successor to that season was a youth striker named Kenneth Ness, who amazingly amassed 11 goals and 3 assists in 18 total appearances that season at just 17 years old. Although he was my main striker for many seasons to come, he never got back into the form he was at in that outstanding season. The next season, we pulled off something amazing, finishing second and getting back-to-back promotions to the Premier Division. Kenneth Ness had another great season, though not as great as his last, amassing 15 goals and 5 assists in 31 appearances.

The next few seasons were a struggle to stay up, gradually getting worse as our youth was far from amazing. Our old first-teamers had gradually left, and we were left in an unstable financial state where we couldn't even afford our staff or best players. A season or two before I got relegated back down, we had been give a bit of a surprise. This surprise was a Europa League first round spot, given for the best discipline. Although we were having a horrible season, this gave me a glimmer of hope and I even thought we could be saved from this gift. We got a lucky draw with Mornar in the first round. Mornar were a rather easy Montenegran team, which whom I suspected we would be able to get past, though with them putting up a decent fight. We managed to beat them 3-0 over two legs, with senior first team player Alexander Stolas grabbing two, and Ragnar Langaker (YP9), grabbing himself a goal. The second leg gave us a club from Lichtenstein, another club who I thought would be an easy victory. Sadly, our complacency in the league shadowed over us, and we lost 2-0 after a bad performance in both legs.

A season or two later, we got relegated. Another few seasons, we became a mid-table club in the First Division. Sadly, I was sacked soon after a board takeover and that ended my 13 year career. Now I am back, ready to make the attempt again and perhaps do better or worse, only time will tell. This time I know my players, I know the club, and I know how to somewhat be successful. I hope I can fufill the dreams of somehow getting to the Champions League on this save. Thank you dearly for reading, and feel free to post with any questions, criticisms, or helping hands. I appreciate any of the three!

This save is using the give the youth a chance challenge, one created by hrbfcrule, who has gratefully given me permission to use the idea. You can see his great thread below, one that gave me all the inspiration for this, and one that deserves much praise. I can use my first team players as they come out of the box. As of starting, I cannot buy anyone, and I sure as hell will not attempt to sell! :p I can only use players who come out of my youth academy, which whom I'll give numbers for. Thank you for reading, and I hope you find some enjoyment in joining me for this thread.

Save Description

Patch

Database

Custom

Computer Performance

5 stars - Specs below

Leagues Loaded

Norway (Second Division, third level of Norway)

View Only

All leagues, all nations. Please ask if you have any questions about clubs/standings in ANY league around the world.

Start Date

January 2012

Youtube Channel

Goals and such.

Club Description

SK_Vard_Haugesund-logo-78EB4F9FAC-seeklogo.com.gif

Club Name

SK Vard Haugesund

Media Prediction

6th

Expectations

Top-Half Finish

Stadium

Haugesund Stadium (Capacity: 8800, Seated 5000)

800px-Haugesund_stadion.jpg

Club Information

Sportsklubben Vard Haugesund is a Norwegian football club located in Haugesund. It currently plays in the Norwegian Second Division, and last played in the Norwegian First Division in 2004. The team reached the Norwegian Football Cup finals in 1962 and 1975. The club was founded in 1916.

Norweign Second Division

The Norwegian Second Division (Norwegian: 2. divisjon) is the third highest men's football league in Norway. Since 2009, the official name of the league has been Fair Play-ligaen.[1]

There are 56 teams divided into four groups, and at the end of the season the winner of each group earns promotion to the second highest league, Adeccoligaen. The bottom three teams in each group are relegated to the Third Division.

Until the 1996 season the Second Division was divided into six groups. Between 1997 and 2001 that was increased to eight. It was named the Third Division (Norwegian: 3. divisjon) until 1990.

The Second Division is the highest league a reserve team can participate in, and only reserve teams from the Tippeligaen clubs (first tier) are allowed to enter. The participation of reserve teams stirs debate from time to time.[2]

My Steam

Feel free to contact me at any time!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DUNEB/

My Rig

CPU: IntelĀ® Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz Overclocked to 3.8 GHz

HSF: Noctua NHD-14

MOBO: ASRock P55 Deluxe

RAM: 16gb(4x4gb) Gskill Sniper DDR3 1600

GPU: 2x MSI N460GTX Hawk GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB (SLI)

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB

SSD: 120gb Vertex 3 Max IOPS Edition, Corsair CMFSSD-128GBG1D 2.5" 128GB, Intel X25-M 160 GB,External (SSDSA2M160G2GC)

PSU: Corsair 750W

SOU: Asus Xonar DX

Case: Mountain Mods U2-UFO Horizon

Mon: Samsung SyncMaster T260 - 25.5" - 1920x1200 - LCD 1080P

Mouse: Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Keyboard: Logitech Illuminati

All credit goes out to hrbfcrule for the idea, and everyone that is currently doing a youth challenge for the inspiration. My thanks is deep to all of you. Threads in both FM11 and FM12 found below. If you want your thread listed here, please don't hesitate to PM me, post here, or add me on Steam.

Football Manager 2011

hrbfcrule's

IK Tord

Dune297's SK Vard 2011

Dune297's V.C. Eendracht Aalst 2002

pnefc22's Smedby AIS

Tony Hawker's Matlock Town

SpooneyDM's Hogaborgs BK

mackemforever's Ashton & Backwell United

TheMister's Dinamo Moscow

Football Manager 2012

Dune297's

SK Vard 2012

Season                  League/Division              Position          Norweigan Cup                 Euro Cup                 Champions League
2012         Norweigan Second Division Group 3        6th               2nd Round                     None                         None  
2013         Norweigan Second Division Group 3        2nd(P)            1st Round                     None                         None

Key:

P = Promoted

C = Champions

Pre-Season Update

Media Prediction - 6th

Expectations - Top-Half Finish

Wage Budget - $3,637 p/w

Wage Expenses - $3,323 p/w

First Team

Youth Team

Best Players at the Club

Alexander StĆølĆ„s - Remember him from my adventures with the club in FM11. Perhaps my best player in that time, looks even better this year.

OddbjĆørn Skartun - Always seems to score the tap-ins. Amazing player, usually gets a few goals every season and a handful of assists. Another one from last year.

Simen Grov - Him and his brother(?) are new to the squad it seems. I don't remember them in FM11. Chose him over his brother because of the ridiculous amount of goals he decided to score in the preseason.

Christian Holko - New to the squad in FM12. Looks like he'll be a very good starting striker for the next few years.

Henrik Ƙrpetveit - Another one new to the squad in FM12. Only 19 and a great potential as well as a great start in the friendlies.

Youth Prospects - Season 1

Haven't got anybody yet.

Friendlies

Vard 8-0 Vard 2

Vard 3-0 Fyllingen

Vard 6-1 AustrƄtt

Vard 0-1 Haugesund

Vard 3-0 Haugar

Vard 0-0 Moss

Vard 7-0 Trott

Great result against Haugesund considering they are in the Premier now. Decent results against the other clubs too!

All the best mate :thup:

You are playing 12.1? I thought it wasn't out yet. :confused:

Thanks much :)! Mistake on my part by the way, I'll get that fixed right away. Thanks for pointing it out.

Already being hit with problems I see.

Haha, yeah :). I think we'll manage as long as no other wingers get hit. If they do, perhaps it's in need of a tactic overhaul.

April, May, and June Update

ƅlgĆ„rd 1-1 Vard (D2)

Nordseth 8', Dervisholli o.g. 16'

Vard 3-0 Pors (D2)

Wee 2', Lilleng 15', Ƙrpetveit 67'

DrĆøbak-Frogn 0-2 Vard (NC)

Holko 6', Ƙrpetveit pen. 28'

Vindbjart 1-2 Vard (D2)

Rike 54', Lilleng 26', S. Grov 35'

Vard 0-1 Mandalskameratene (D2)

H. Sandvik o.g. 79'

Vard 2-0 FĆørde (D2)

Holko 33', Krohn Haaland 86'

Vard 2-5 Sandefjord (NC)

E. Grov 11', Wee 64', BĆørufsen 15', 61', LamĆøy 45+1', Dokken 67', Ove Eike 90'

Viking 2 0-3 Vard (D2)

S. Grov 3', Wee 38', Holko pen. 66'

Simen Grov smashes an 18 yard shot into the back of the net.

[video=youtube;zKQO4EGhZXE]

Decent passing leads to a good shot from the opposite end of the box.

[video=youtube;cjaCTaSWWq4]

League Table

2011113000003.jpg

July and August Update

Vard 1-0 FlĆøy (D2)

Wee 8'

Vard 3-1 Vidar (D2)

Holko 20', Grov 44', Krohn Haaland 67', Causevic sent off 87', Hansen 90;

Notodden 3-2 Vard (D2)

Velta 5', Kleven 61', Ufs 90+1', Ƙrpetveit 14', Oppheim 83'

Odd Grenland 2 1-0 Vard (D2)

LĆøvland o.g. 38'

Vard 0-1 ƅsane (D2)

LĆøvland o.g. 38'

Austevoll 1-1 Vard (D2)

Birkeland 79', Holko 53'

Some decent passing leads to a great strike from the edge of the area.

[video=youtube;qFJiXoVFxoc]

Ƙrpetveit takes a great shot from just outside the box and it manages to sneak in past the hands of the goalie.

[video=youtube;PXRPPOXKbSM]

League Table

2011113000005.jpg

September Update

Vard 1-4 Nest-Sotra (D2)

Lilleng 45', Opuama 5', Fosse 54', Ullern 57', 78'

Vard 3-0 ƅlgĆ„rd (D2)

S. Grov 34', Krohn Haaland 75', Lilleng 79', Nordseth missed pen. 70'

Pors 1-2 Vard (D2)

Kristiansen 84', Krohn Haaland 14', Lilleng 81'

Vard 2-2 Vindbjart (D2)

Krohn Haaland 19', E. Grov 77', Larsen 65', Egil Myre 81'

Mandalskameratene 2-0 Vard (D2)

Nilsen 68', Werner 76'

Krohn Haaland finishes well off a great cross.

[video=youtube;JHWXSOVHGws]

A great header off a shot from the edge of the area finds its way in via E. Grov.

[video=youtube;rtiXcVqIScQ]

League Table

2011113000007.jpg

October Update

FĆørde 0-1 Vard (D2)

Holko 8'

Vard 2-0 Viking 2(D2)

Krohn Haaland 23', Ƙrpetveit 57'

FlĆøy 1-0 Vard (D2)

Thorsen 90+2'

Vard 1-1 Notodden (D2)

Lilleng 54', Ƙrpetveit sent off 38', Kleven 73'

A good pass in sees through.

[video=youtube;EHMXTmwBVAM]

Holko is met with a good ball after Lilleng comes away with a great tackle.

[video=youtube;6KSU6cPsRLY]

League Table

2011113000008.jpg

November Update

Vidar 1-2 Vard (D2)

AustbĆø 48', Bakke missed pen. 32', E. Grov 33', Holko 69'

Vard 0-0 Odd Grenland 2 (D2)

Vard 2-0 Austevoll (D2)

StĆølĆ„s 56', Holko 71'

ƅsane 1-0 Vard (D2)

Severeide SƦtre o.g. 42'

Nest-Sotra 3-2 Vard (D2)

Bachke 37', Stromsnes 43', Opuama 56', Ƙrpetveit 5', StĆølĆ„s pen. 35'

Holko takes the ball past a defender before slotting it away.

[video=youtube;861JcFhUdZo]

League Table

2011113000009.jpg

Season 1 Review

Team

Media Prediction - 6th

Final Position - 6th

Board Takeover - No

Stadium Construction - No

Season's Best Players

Simen Grov - Possibly our best player. Three goals and four assists for Simen. 7.05 average rating to add on to that..

Erlend Grov - Like his brother in the back, Erlend has been key for our defense. Three goals and four assists for him, all well deserved. 7.00 average rating.

Christian Holko - Our top goalscorer and best striker. 8 goals and 3 assists in 26 appearances for him. Gladly he hasn't had many bad injuries.

Youth

None used yet. Youth update coming in the pre-season update.

Pre-Season Update

Media Prediction - 6th

Wage Budget - $4,437 p/w

Wage Expenses - $4,029 p/w

First Team

Youth Team

Best Players at the Club

OddbjĆørn Skartun - Broke his leg last year and missed most of the season. I'm glad to have him back, we really need him.

Alexander StĆølĆ„s - Injured most of last year, still an amazing player though. Hope he can start up his career again.

Simen Grov - Amazing defender last season, hoping to see more of the same(or better) from him this season.

Erlend Grov - Another amazing defender last season. More of the same would be outstanding!

Youth Prospects - Season 2

Jostein Breimyr (YP1) (AMR/DR) - Report - Our best youth candidate. Currently rated at 4 stars. I was hoping for a winger to give some backup to my other ones, who are more often than not injured. Great in some areas, not sure if I like his physicals though.

Kristoffer Wiggen (YP2) (DC) - Report - Looks like he'll be a decent defender. Currently rated at 3 stars. Really tall too!

HĆ„kon Johannessen (YP3) (MC) - Report - A central midfielder, something I definitely could use. Sadly only 2.5 star potential, but some of his stats look rather decent. He's also performing well for my youth team, which is always good.

Friendlies

Vard 3-1 Riska

Stanvager 0-4 Vard

Vard 3-1 Haugesund 2

Great pre-season. I'm feeling confident for the season, although I don't want the complacency of last season to revisit this season. Glad to have a decent AMR coming through the ranks, really running low on wingers.

April, May, and June Update

Vard 3-0 Stryn (D2)

Skartun 43', 51', Ƙrpetveit 45+3'

Mandalskameratene 0-3 Vard (D2)

Skartun 21', 80', pen. 86'

StabƦk 1-0 Vard (NC)

Marius Kolseth 75'

Vard 0-0 Odd Grenland 2 (D2)

Notodden 1-1 Vard (D2)

Kleven 77', S. Grov 28'

Vard 1-0 Viking 2 (D2)

E. Grov 19'

ƅsane 0-1 Vard (D2)

Holko 11'

Skartun unleashes a great strike from the edge of the box that goes directly into the goal.

[video=youtube;rFWOjdwUVl4]

S. Grov takes a shot from 18 yards out that lands perfectly into the top left corner.

[video=youtube;JvjxC-u39Gs]

League Table

2011120100001.jpg

July & August Update

Vard 3-0 Vindbjart (D2)

StĆølĆ„s 7', Jostein Breimyr (YP1) 50', 83'

Vard 0-2 Randaberg (D2)

Darboe 25', Arnaud Sery 45+1'

Kopervik 0-3 Vard (D2)

Jostein Breimyr (YP1) 16', Ƙvre o.g. 32', Ƙrpetveit 40', StĆølĆ„s missed pen. 68'

Vidar 0-0 Vard (D2)

Fyllingen 0-3 Vard (D2)

S. Grov 4', Lilleng 33', Wee 53'

Vard 1-0 Byrne (D2)

Wee 84'

ƅlgĆ„rd 2-4 Vard (D2)

Tveit 21', Mornsen 27', Jostein Breimyr (YP1) 18', S. Grov 41', Dervisholli o.g. 71', StĆølĆ„s 76'

Jostein Breimyr (YP1) scores his first goal for the club with a magnificent header.

[video=youtube;LTwXNEMY2Ns]

Jostein Breimyr (YP1) pounces on a rebound and puts it into the back of the net from inside the box.

[video=youtube;H9dPxiohMLc]

League Table

2011120100003.jpg

September Update

Stryn 0-1 Vard (D2)

Feten sent off 66', Haugen sent off 87', Jostein Breimyr (YP1) 40'

Vard 2-1 Mandalskameratene (D2)

Drivenes 27', S. Grov 60', Severeide SƦtre o.g. 90+1'

Odd Grenland 2-4 Vard (D2)

Shala pen. 9', 65', Skartun 15', Holko 45+2', 56', Jostein Breimyr (YP1) 90'

Vard 3-0 Notodden (D2)

Skartun pen. 3', Wee 15', 67'

Jostein Breimyr (YP1) finishes well with a great header off a tipped pass.

[video=youtube;RPojCVIZ0I8]

Jostein Breimyr (YP1) scores a great goal off a corner by powering the ball in with his head.

[video=youtube;FRQ8ZRYSBTE]

League Table

2011120100004.jpg

October Update

Viking 2 2-0 Vard (D2)

Kirkevold 43', Lysholm 70', Severeide SƦtre sent off 58'

Vard 0-3 Asane (D2)

Jevnaker 64', 74', Karstensen 85'

Vindbjart 0-3 Vard (D2)

Orpetveit 51', S. Grov 74', 86'

Vard 3-0 Kopervik (D2)

Lilleng 8', 88', Holko 72'

Lilleng finishes well after a great passing move.

[video=youtube;BYXkEHG7XZw]

Lilleng tries to cross it in, but instead finds the net in an amazing bit of luck.

[video=youtube;28frHtrtQkg]

League Table

2011120100005.jpg

November Update

Randaberg 2-3 Vard (D2)

Omar Sande 83', de Serpa 89', Holko 4', Haraldseid 10', Skartun 63'

Vard 0-1 Vidar (D2)

AustbĆø 75'

Vard 1-1 Fyllingen (D2)

Lilleng 50', Haugen 89'

Bryne 1-0 Vard (D2)

Gulowsen 69'

Vard 0-1 ƅlgĆ„rd (D2)

Baldvinsson 33'

A great cross leads to a decent header by Skartun.

[video=youtube;Gt6m6W9l5so]

League Table

2011120100006.jpg

Second is good for the first season, surely?

Yeah, I'm glad we went from 6th(last year) to 2nd(this year), but we were about 9 points clear at the beginning of October. I'm really happy we were promoted, but I'm a bit disappointed in the form at the end of the season.

Going up is even better, as Viking 2 can't.

Yeah, definitely :).

Season 2 Review

Team

Media Prediction - 6th

Final Position - 2nd(P)

Board Takeover - No

Stadium Construction - No

Season's Best Players

Oddbjorn Skartun - Definitely our best player of the season, despite being out for a good portion of it with a torn calf muscle. 8 goals and 6 assists in 15 apps as a winger, not to mention his 7.39 average rating.

Simen Grov - Much better than his brother, though his brother still did very well no doubt. He scored 6 goals and racked up 2 assists in 27 appearances with a crazy average rating of 7.23.

Jostein Breimyr (YP1) - When Skartun got injured for half the season, I didn't know who to use to replace him. I then recalled I had a good winger, Jostein, on my youth team. I stuck him in the first team squad, and voila, he got off to a great start. 6 goals and 3 assists in 16 apps and never lost form. 7.22 average rating to add on to that.

Youth

Jostein Breimyr (YP1) - Already starting to be integrated in the first team squad. 6 goals and 3 assists in 16 apps with a 7.22 average rating. Our next Kenneth Ness perhaps? (Yes, I know Jostein isn't a striker.)

Kristoffer Wiggen (YP2) - Haven't used him much this season, only 2 appearances. However, when I did happen to find a use with him, he did great at the back, getting an average rating of 7.25. I think he'll turn into a first team performer if he continues this.

HĆ„kon Johannessen (YP3) - Only 3 appearances this season. They weren't very pretty either, only earning a 6.55 rating. I'll give him some more time next year.

Great result overall this season, just a bit disappointed we didn't go out there and win it with all the chances we had. Really lost form near the end of the season, but I can't fault my players.

Pre-Season Update

Media Prediction - 15th

Expectations - Avoid Relegation

Wage Budget - $12,326 p/w

Wage Expenses - $4,789 p/w

First Team

Youth Team

Best Players at the Club

OddbjĆørn Skartun - Had another huge injury last year, but he came back and still impressed. Hoping he won't get injured for once. :rolleyes:

Alexander StĆølĆ„s - Wasn't my best player last year, but still had a pretty good season. Hoping to see more of the same a division up.

Simen Grov - Was amazing again last season. Even scored a good amount of goals. He's versatile too, I've been using him in central midfield a good amount.

Youth Prospects - Season 3

Eirik Skarvatun (YP4) (DL) - Report - Needed a DL, the only one who looked decent enough to get some playtime this year. Looks like he'll be pretty decent in the back. I hope he is able to reach his 3.5 star potential.

Friendlies

Valdres 2-3 Vard

Vindbjart 0-5 Vard

ƅlgĆ„rd 1-1 Vard

Randaberg 2-3 Vard

Decent pre-season. Hoping to avoid relegation this season. :)

April Update

HĆødd 1-1 Vard (FD)

Malmo 90+3', E. Grov 38'

Vard 2-3 HĆønefoss (FD)

StĆølĆ„s 16', Stenberg o.g. 51', Diallo 39', Helland 48', Taylor 81'

Nest-Sotra 2-1 Vard (FD)

Snekkevik 17', LĆøvland o.g. 50', Opuama sent off 65', StĆølĆ„s 24'

Vard 2-0 Sarpsborg (FD)

StĆølĆ„s 31', 41'

Stolas scores a blistering freekick from a little ways outside the box.

[video=youtube;ZpJHMja0O44]

Stolas scores an even better freekick from much farther out.

[video=youtube;gq3avfcdP9Y]

League Table

2011120200015.jpg

Archived