Is The Current FM 12 Liverpool Squad Able To Title Challenge?

TAV2

Are they capable?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are they capable?

• Yes - They have great strength and depth
    • Maybe - If Gerrard Is Fit For Every Game
    • No - Hidden attributes make them bottlers

You done it without buying a player all season? The strikers for me seem to be unable to get the number of goals im used to and need for them to get. Had a few easy saves on this years FM but have struggled 3 times now with Liverpool. Can Andy Carroll ever be first choice?

From the start, it's pretty clear that there are three sides who have a better squad than Liverpool, and another two at about the same level, so it is a tough one, but if your good enough, and of course with a bit of luck, you can win the title with that squad. It's not easy obviously, but it is doable.

You done it without buying a player all season? The strikers for me seem to be unable to get the number of goals im used to and need for them to get. Had a few easy saves on this years FM but have struggled 3 times now with Liverpool. Can Andy Carroll ever be first choice?

If you don't think the forwards will get you enough goals, then play a more defensive game, and try to grind out games rather than trying to spank the opposition.

I think it would be reasonably easy to challenge with Liverpool as long as you had a good start to the season, if the fixtures were kind and you won the first 5-10 games I think momentum and the ability to keep players morale up would mean a title challenge. I do believe that this is too high though and it should be qualification for the Champions League and even then a 5th place finish should not mean getting sacked.

I think my prblem has been getting the top teams away too early now i think about it. I know this years game is easy if you can get Superb Morale all round as it takes alot for the players to lose it. I think the suggestion of playing more conservatively is a good idea with Andy Carroll in the team.

Andy played ok for me, didn't get that many goals but assisted well, he was first choice. I had Suarez banging them in, Adam, Downing, Kuyt, Bellamy, as well as Gerrard all contributed a decent number of goals. Defence was rock solid though, Agger and Skrtel first choice, Coates as first backup, with Carra as probably the best 4th choice in the league. Good full back options. With Lucas as a holding midfielder. The team is certainly capable of grinding out wins, you just need the right tactics and some luck.

I've won 3 EPL titles in a row and going for my 4th, it's december 2014. So of course it can be done

Without selling and buying though? I know it can be done by off-loading kuyt, maxi, aurielo, skrtyl etc then bringing in better players. FM is easy with a decent transfer budget and a team with a good enough Rep to do damage with it. I want to know if it can be done 1st season no transfers. 3 Titles in a row suggests to me heavy wheeling and dealing has been done!

Without selling and buying though? I know it can be done by off-loading kuyt, maxi, aurielo, skrtyl etc then bringing in better players. FM is easy with a decent transfer budget and a team with a good enough Rep to do damage with it. I want to know if it can be done 1st season no transfers. 3 Titles in a row suggests to me heavy wheeling and dealing has been done!

First season I sold Daniel Agger for 15m and brought in 7 players for backups. I bought no 1 for my starting 11.

Without warning sacked again last day of the season. Got them 3rd with 85 points. What a Joke!!!

What did you choose for your season expectations?

I'm going with the lowest option, continental qualification, as I think 4th is realistically my best bet.

What did you choose for your season expectations?

I'm going with the lowest option, continental qualification, as I think 4th is realistically my best bet.

Could only choose title challenge somehow. How did you manage to get a lower expectation? 4 attempts now all failures to title challenge

arsene wenger took over 2/nd season in my game after getting sacked from arsenal for being rubbish and has them turned into a monster team, push me for the title until i go on my usual 10-12 game win streak at the end of the season, also seem to be doing very well in europe now :(

I've won the title first season with no new players ( aside of youth that didn't play in first team ) so given a big chunk of luck you can challenge for sure. I had no serious injuries and a kind fixture list, I also stopped playing Carrol pretty quickly and was lucky that Kuyt hit a massive run of form as his replacement. Suarez hit 35 in league and Kuyt another 25 soI was very lucky with form on strikers.

that's why i retired from managing top teams clubs

i remember in FM11 my biggest challenge to take Sunderland from january, they were foot of the table and 10 points behind 17th place, with a couple of signing we ended in very safe positions, and the other year we challanged for top four positions but can't remember because in time i was abroad and stoped playing it.

it's very easy, with signings .. but without signings i think challenge for title could be possible but winning it needs some luck.

Archived