Iran. The land of great newgens

In my Shaktar game, Iran has been churning out the newgen talent. I have signed 3 of them.

They have a good mix of youth and experience right now. They are out playing their opponents in Asian Cup qualies something like 32 shots to 5. (One of them they miraculously lost 1-0 to Malaysia after outshooting them 31-1).

So the question is, have you ever seen a nation in your game continue to churn out talent. Outside of the traditional powers.

Iran really is a sleeping giant of a football nation right now. The amount of passion for football there is huge, and given it's a nation of 75M people, I do think one day it could be among the elite teams of the World. That day may well be a long way away, but hopefully at least for the Asian confederation, it will wake up sooner rather than later and have a good impact on the World stage.

I never seem to find exciting talent from the likes of Africa, South Korea, China or Iran. I'm wondering if how I set the game up at the start is something to do with this.

I tend to pick around 20 playable leagues - but obviously that doesn't help me with countries like Africa and Iran much. But I have never used the custom database to load players from certain areas. I'm not sure what to do for the best - loading those with continental rep seems pointless, as I would assume regens don't have that when they start out in the game.

Do people use this much? I'm talking about what you can do in the game, not any downloadable leagues. What custom datbase settings do people use to get the best playing experience and most regens from non-playable countries.

Cheers

For me it's South Africa, or more specifically SuperSport Utd. Over the course of three years their youth team produced players four players roughly equivilent to Jesus Navas, Juan Manuel Mata, Michael Dawson and Douglas Costa. I managed to sign three of them for my Bolton side.

Archived