Famous Manager to Make Comeback

spurs2rise

NEWSREPORT - 03/07/11 - SPURS2RISE SHOCKS THE FOOTBALL WORLD AND ANNOUNCES COMEBACK

After a successful career in both FM08, and FM10 is is rumoured that 'the man, the myth, the legend' known as spurs2rise is contemplating a comeback to Football Management in FM12.

During his career in FM08, spurs2rise had successful stints at Tottenham, Norwich and Blackburn but was remembered best for his Tottenham career when he was inducted to the 'Legends Of Tottenham' after a 600 game career which spawned a winning percentage of 60% with no cheating, no downloading of tactics/training regimes, resimming or sugar daddies (If you are interesting, I posted a little about it... it shouldnt be hard to find considering I only have 40 odd posts). In FM10, spurs2rise also had successful stints at Bristol Rovers (before being sacked after taking the club to the CCC) Nottingham Forest and Tottenham but his love for football management wained as he pursued his university degree and travel abroad.

After an 18 month break from the rigours of Football Management, the world of football was in a flutter when spurs2rise announced he would be returning to management. It is unclear at this stage who he will manage, but the 'semi professional footballer' aged 35 (in the game ;)) spurs2rise is planning to start a career in Germany with the eventual aim to lead his beloved Tottenham when the time is right.

"I have touched base with a few clubs" spurs2rise admitted, "and I will make my decision in the coming days. I have been in contact with teams in both England and Germany but need to decide who will be best for me, and who I can commit to 100%."

NEWSREPORT - 05/07/11 - SPURS2RISE TO MANAGE 1. FC KOLN

1. FC Köln has unveiled spurs2rise as their new manager to start the 2011/2012 campaign.

"I am delighted to be here" spurs2rise stated. "My past FM experiences count for nothing, and I start afresh. I am looking forward to meeting the staff and players."

When asked what his transfer strategy is, spurs2rise admitted that he has a grand total of €0 from the board, and will be looking to trim the squad to save on the wage bill. "My first priority is to let all the players have a chance to prove themselves to me. At FC Köln we have a talented bunch of youngsters coming through and I am happy to let them gain first team experience. I believe the way forward for this club is to bring in one or key signings whether that be a transfer or loan, and let the younger players develop."

spurs2rise has admitted that his first week at the helm will include organising training schedules and tactics. "Managing in the German first division is different from managing in England. It is a new experience for me and I am very happy to be here. I thank the board of a first division team for giving me this opportunity. I had contact from some lower division clubs both in England and Scotland but decided after only retiring from English Football 3 years ago, a fresh start in a new environment was best at this point of my life."

Details of the 1. FC Köln squad will follow shortly as spurs2rise gets ready for Season 2011/2012. spurs2rise admitted that he is doubtful there will be much activity in his first transfer market, and while some players will leave to trim the squad and send players on loan to get regular first team football, he will only bring players to the club if there is an area which needs immediate attention as there is no money to spend at this current time.

------------------

PS - I am a n00b - how do I take a screenshot in FM? I take it I have to upload it to imageshack etc?

NEWSREPORT - 10/07/11 - PODOLSKI SIGNS 5 YEAR CONTRACT AS FC KOLN UPSET JUVENTUS 2-0 IN FRIENDLY

Koln striker Lucas Podolski has squashed rumours that he intends to move clubs by signing a new 5 year contract at the club. "Its a delight. Lukas signing with the club shows the intent to our supporters that we plan to consolidate our position in the Bundesliga and want to aim higher" stated spurs2rise

The news came after Koln won 2-0 in afriendly against Juventus at home. Youngster Marko Ban scored late in the second half to halt any chance Juventus had to claw something out of the match. Young manager spurs2rise played down the victory, saying "I am very happy with the way we played today. It was only a friendly but our players looked up for a big match early on."

The result comes days after Koln's 4-0 win over Bielefeld. FC Koln's remaining friendly matches are at home against Fenerbahce, Blackburn and Velencia before the German Cup First Round match against Sarrbrucken on 29/7. Koln opens their Bundesliga account away against Schakle on August 6th

In other news, Koln have announced an upgrade to their training facilities.

Archived