quick question...

i have a boxed FM1012, my usual purchase at the beginning of every season.

However, i have kids now and despite enjoying the excitement of the game arriving, installing it, playing the first few months, i always end up selling it for a few quid normally about now.

my question is:

am i able to sell my copy of fm2012 and will the buyer be able to use it now that i have used the activation code?

if they are NOT then is there anyway i can uninstall the game from my computer and make the activation code usable again so that i can sell the game?

thats two questions, isnt it....whoops!

any advice appreciated - cheers, and sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum

shame, i think its reasonable to think that everytime you buy something, apart from food and perhaps condoms, that a little part of you thinks "ill be able to get a few months use out of it and then sell it for a tenner to someone else to enjoy". they will have to drop the price from now on to encourage its players to buy it and i guess boxed versions of the game will be a thing of the past.

I myself got into FM from playing a cheap second hand version so its a shame they are tryng to stamp it out. I played the new version (at the time) at a friends and wanted it myself. At the time my PC was as old as the dinosaurs so I had to get an older version, CM2 I think that had the England and Italy, then I got every version since when I got a new PC. Unless steam start to sell older versions for a couple of quid in the future, I feel SI will lose a lot of potential customers by stamping out the second hand market.

No I think you still need to register it with Steam so it wont work. Theres already been a few threads here already where people have bought activated versions from Ebay and they cant use them. A lot of people are falling for this because when you have the DVD, you install with Steam then you never need the DVD again because if you wanted to install it again on another computer, you just download it via Steam as the game is linked to the account.

Archived