16 year old Brazilian free agent can't join till 2 years down the line...

Croatian yth players are same. Have my beady eye on one who looks the nuts, but don't want to blow my transfer budget on a player I won't have for 18 months. :( Bigger teams than mine will start to circle him soon enough.
I think this is because at the start of the game Croatia are a non-EU country. I would think once they join the EU (2013 I think people have said) then the U18 players can move right away I'm not 100% sure about this though, hopefully some can correct/back me up.

Surely a bug relating to foreign transfer of Brazilian under 18s? The fact he is a free agent should this still apply?

It would be a pretty obvious loophole if what you say was the case. A European team could pay the Brazilian club to release the Under-18 to free agency after having signed an agreement with the player to sign him the next day. Exactly the same money changes hands as a transfer and the player can move instantly.

Haven't tried this in 12 yet, but in last year's game I'd go after some of the Brazilian U-20 squad. I'd put in a bid for a 15y.o. and offer him a contract--he wouldn't be able to join me for three years, but wanted a two year contract!

"So, you'll join us in 2015?"

"Sure...but my contract only runs until 2014."

What???

The problem, though, was the way it was displayed on the screen--I get the notification that he would be unable to join until January of 2015 during negotiations, but in the contract screen he was asking for a contract that would last until 2014. Don't know if it's still an issue in this version...

Archived